Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had an interest in "Birds Of Prey" and today I found one perched on an old telephone pole designed just for eagles or osprey to build their nest in.

We have eagles, osprey, falcons, red tailed hawks, hawks, owls of all type as well.

The nest that you see weighs about 90 pounds and as you see any preditor would play heck in trying to get to the nest.

Here is a close up where I cropped out what I could.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Beautiful Osprey! I will never get bored with birds of prey photos, send 'em whenever you have 'em! Here in Virginia we are starting to see more and more bald eagles. But mostly smaller hawks like kestrels, and then we have huge, huge redtails.

Last time I was out your way I saw my first ever Golden Eagle in the wild! Awesome.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
JB...........I think you've got a pretty good job! It's good to be outdoors where you can enjoy nature & GOD'S creations!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yea those are some great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us. We use to have a young Red Tailed Hawk that was keeping the pigon population down. I got to see many mid air kills wow he was good. Unfortunely the inmates meessed with him and he moved on. I sure miss him.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cool pictures. Raptors are my favorites, with Redtails and Owls leading the pack.

When I was deer hunting last December, I had an immature bald eagle land in a tree, at eye level and about six feet from me. I gotta start carrying a camera.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
JB----Love your pictures. It is plain to see you love nature. Good for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts