Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lusting after the Sig P232 Stainless on the Sig/Sauer website ever since I bought my PPK. I was looking at a blued P232 and the stainless PPK/S. They were both the same price and I had always wanted a PPK so I took home the Walther. I really liked the P232 but I wanted it in stainless, the only problem is that the stainless is about $200 more expensive than the blued model. I couldn't justify spending that much money on a .380 so I chalked it up to the "dream" list.

Then today I decided to stop into my favorite local gun store and what should I find sitting on the bottom of the used shelf? A Sig/Sauer P230 SL, looking for a loving home. I asked to look at it and had to keep myself from jumping up and down when I saw the $300 price tag. I bought it on the spot without even looking at the Springfield 1911 I originally came to buy (they would have had to order it for me in any case, they didn't have any in stock).

So here she is! This is just a preliminary photo. I'll have a higher quality one after this week is over (too much work to get done [xx(])

I was planning a trip to the range with a buddy of mine today so I brought the new Sig with me. It worked flawlessly the entire time. I put about 150 rounds through it and there wasn't a single issue. The gun is very comfortable to shoot and recoils almost as little as my Bersa does. It really fits my hand well and after I got used to the European magazine release I appreciated the lack of buttons between the trigger and grip. Take down was actually easier than my Walther and much easier than the Bersa.

I can't tell what year this gun was made but if you look closely in the picture you can see the "Made in W.Germany" stamp. This would appear to date the gun before the fall of the Berlin Wall. I like this, it gives the gun a feeling of history. There are only minor differences between the P230 and P232, it still has all the same safety features and is supposedly drop safe. For $300 I'm not complaining about it not being new, especially for the condition this gun is in. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A ss sig .380 for $300? That is a great deal! Between the walther, bersa, and sig, you just about to get the .380 market cornered! Only thing left to suggest is a cz83!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

A ss sig .380 for $300? That is a great deal! Between the walther, bersa, and sig, you just about to get the .380 market cornered! Only thing left to suggest is a cz83!
Haha, I've been looking at them. My local dealer doesn't have any new guns from CZ. He's got quite a few used ones which I've looked at but that's it. He says he can order me anything I want but I really need a 1911 or some more C&R's if my license ever bloody gets here.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Use to have a cz83. Can say that they are one sweet gun and with those ambi controls and the ability to carry cocked and locked like a 1911, they are accurate!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Such elegant guns...and they have the most comfortable grip of all the 380's IMO. I HATE that heel mag release, though.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yep that is a sharp looking pistol, looks like the other owner took care of it. Glad for ya pal.

·
Banned
282 Posts
Nice! You can't go wrong with a Sig.

·
Registered
335 Posts
She's got nice lines...<:))

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
David, now it's my turn to say "Dang, that looks good in SS". I've had a Sig P230 for about 14 years. It is blue...but I love the way it shoots....shoots just like a Sig should.

·
Registered
78 Posts
After my grandfather saw and held my 232 he did the same as you. He went out and found a 230 for about $300. So we had the ability to compare the two side by side. They both are beautiful pistols and fire smooth and accurately. I'd never get rid of my 232 but if I had seen a 230 for $300 before I bought mine I would have gone with the 230. I agree the 232 can get costly I got stainless with sig night sights and the sig arms rubber molded grips and that ran me a bit over $600 and that was a deal because I've seen some sell on gunbroker for close to $800 (ouch). I enjoy shooting the sig more than my ppk/s because the chubby webs on my hand get caught in the action of the PPK/s but the sig has never bit me yet. Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually ended up selling this gun. I could never get it to shoot straight. It shot way out to the left and a little low. I'm a decent pistol shot with other guns so I don't believe it's technique. The guy I sold it to gave me more than I payed for it (I also included Hogue rubber grips) and he has the same problem with it. The rear sight doesn't seem to be adjustable. I believe it's pinned to the frame because it won't drift in either direction.

I really loved the way this gun felt and shot, I just wish it wasn't so off-target.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts