Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gov. Chris Christie said he was going to make the CCW process less unconstitutional in NJ. Right now it is virtually impossible to obtain a CCW in NJ with the "justifiable need" clause. Even retired LE have trouble.

The bill removes the justifiable need clause, increases the license fee 5x and requires state approved training.

Well, check out this bill submitted by, get this, two Dems.

ASSEMBLY, No. 800
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
217th LEGISLATURE
PRE
-
FILED FOR INTRODUCTION IN THE 2016 SESSION
Sponsored
by: Assemblyman R. BRUCE LAND
District 1 (Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland)
Assemblyman BOB ANDRZEJCZAK
District 1 (Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland)

SYNOPSIS

Revises qualifications for handgun permit, establishes crimes for certain handgun use; establishes annual fee of $100.

CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT
Introduced Pending Technical Review by Legislative Counsel

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/A1000/800_I1.PDF

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Look where they're from. I have the same support here in Hunterdon/Warren. Not gonna happen with the commie counties in the north. Oh yeah and Mercer county. Fat man could have helped this.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Good luck! I fear that New Mexico getting ocean front property has a better chance of happening though...

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,413 Posts
Hell freezes over

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
How ironic - a presidential wannabe now making claims to do something that he failed to do during his 4, 5, 6? years in office. I wouldn't hold my breath! I'm just surprised that, in order to enlarge his proposed audience, he didn't also claim that he would also make it easier for non-residents to get permits. Next up, he'll offer to sell you the GW Bridge [that is, after screwing up traffic].

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If I saw it I would think I was hallucinating.:)

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Did that set off the sonic booms and reported earthquakes in NJ today? I thought Donut Boy missed his chair but maybe not.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
As a long usffering NJ gun owner 41 years worth I will believe it when I see it. The northern counties representatives are to a degree doing what their constituents want. I hav spoken to many people in Bergen and Essex counties , our two most populated counties and many people lament the : easy availability of guns in NJ." I ask what state do they live in.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I'll believe it when I have to chain up to get through downtown Phoenix in August !!

Hey Michelin Man lookalike: Pat Benatar sang a classic rock song about what you are trying to do. It is called "It's a Little Too Little, It's a Little Too Late".

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Hey, if it happens you need to show some repect for Governor Christie. ... ;)
It has happened in California, so there is a precedent.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
?? $100 per year?? Doez any stats have a fee higher than that?
Check what it costs to get a New York City permit! That's on top of your home county fees.

Massachusetts non-resident is close [if not more] then that.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Check what it costs to get a New York City permit! That's on top of your home county fees.

It cost me well over $500 to get my CCW permit.
My 2 year renewal will be precisely $102.22 plus $80.00 renewal course (not counting time effort, ammo and gasoline.)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It cost me well over $500 to get my CCW permit.
My 2 year renewal will be precisely $102.22 plus $80.00 renewal course (not counting time effort, ammo and gasoline.)
Yep...typical government ploy - if we can't wear them down jumping thru our BS hoops, we'll price them out! :mad:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
MA non-resident is $100 per year and you have to go to their office in person for the interview. If they say "no" you're still out the $100.

By comparison the MA resident license is $100 for 5 years (plus the $100+/- class cost first time around) if the town you live in decides to grant you with the license.

NH non-resident is $100 for 4 years and you just print and fill out the form along with front and back copy of you resident state license, seven days later you get your NH non-res in the mail.

Not sure what other states charge.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
NH resident is $10 all in they decided to whack the non-residents $100 and now require a copy of their resident CCL. That changed a couple years ago.

As for NJ I hope the good people of the state can get the freedom they should have to protect themselves.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hell freezes over
Yaw-up, and we'll be ice skating upon it. There's this sanctimonious,

patronizing attitude everybody takes about gun control.

NJ has a total police state

mentality. In my 55 years there, my personal experience was you

didn't want to trouble the police, if you could avoid it. They're OBVIOUSLY

ARE NOT THERE TO HELP YOU, if anyone, except perhaps themselves.

IME, it was always counter-productive to summon them. "Call the police."

Yeah, right.

·
Registered
110 Posts
why i never want to see christie hold any national office: as governor of nj he could have done alot for peaceable gun owners, but he is consistently a pandering coward. now christie is sucking up to trump looking for a cabinet position. i hope the donald can see through christie.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Man $500 in Cal. Total B.S. Thought Ma. was bad enough at $100. Worse in the last couple years is Ma. becoming a "may issue" for long guns too. Am very concerned about upcoming election. Supporting NRA-ILA more now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts