Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting 10/22 TARGET, shooting for accuracy only at 50 and 200 yds, bench rest with Harris bipod. Extremely concerned about trigger pull.

Curious about the pounds required on the stock 10/22 trigger ..?

Will want to replace trigger with match grade trigger. Am interested in any ideas/experience with this as I believe the trigger is one of the most important pieces of hardware in regard to accuracy. If you have a suggestion do you know the required trigger pull in pounds.

Are there any two stage triggers for the 10/22?

Thanks in advance,
Wizzard

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Triggers for the 10/22 come in an amazing range and variety of options. Parts for tricking the OEM group can be had from several sources, and a serious 10/22'er would just go for a complete assembly from Jard, Timney, Volquartsen. Really it's a matter of what's in your wallet.

In between you can add parts from Power Custom, Clark, Timney, .......

Swapping springs and small parts will enhance the trigger pull by a lot, at least on stock aluminum trigger housing. Not sure about the polymer housing. In the end you wind up paying about as much as you would just buying an entire assembly, between shipping and handling, etc.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
You might want to shoot it a bit before changing parts. Mine has a pull weight of about half the standard 10/22.

Fifty yards is a piece of cake, but 200 Yards?!
125 is the usual maximum for .22Mag, but to get the .22lr to go 200 will require a . . . significant . . . hold over.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have a PC adjustable sear, VQ hammer...installed a travel stop...like it...

However... you really should consider the Kidd package for $90 I don't see how you could beat it myself and people say it is the best...if I was starting over I'd probably try it...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
200 yards? what kind of scope are you using? Seems a bit out there, not that it couldn't be done.
It is out there...it just depends on the conditions...ammo... and how small the target is... but the bullets get out there...groups are not going to be tiny...you don't need a high magnification scope really...one with 80moa of adjustment is adequate IMO...

For example...yesterday...I was shooting at a 12" diameter gong at 200 yards with High Velocity ammo...mostly CCI Blazers...which get out there pretty well... even better than mini mags...

My scope as it was set up yesterday (I change it around a lot experimenting) was such that zero for mini-mags was at +53moa...scope goes to +80moa...I forget exactly how much I added for 200 yards now but it was less then +68...therefore I was able to hit it with cross-hairs on the center of the target...if I was wanting to shoot at longer distances I would offset the elevation by shimming scope or rail or buying a rail that has offset built into it...setting the scope with 10moa of max is not so good if that is the distance you want to shoot at routinely...

You can also shim scopes/rails to offset the elevation...

There are rails available for the 10/22 that have built in elevation offset in needed...

Where my scope zero for elevation is depends on which rail/rings/scope I put on it...

My personal preference is to have 100 yards zero for mini mags in the +45 to +50 range...basically that centers the elevation adjustment in its range in the distances I care about...

IMO...less than 80moa range on a scope is not desirable...more is not necessary IMO for this application...

I am not an expert by any means...but this part seems pretty basic to me...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Am getting 10/22 TARGET, shooting for accuracy only at 50 and 200 yds, bench rest with Harris bipod. Extremely concerned about trigger pull.
Well, IMO, unless you're to have an equal quality barrel and set-up, having a top-level match trigger isn't going to aid enough to make it worth the price or have it's potential fully made worthwhile. Why spend the money for a Kidd assembly if you're still retaining factory barrel and set-up. That all said... If you're sticking with a fairly stock set-up, I'd suggest one of the Kidd trigger kits. They're far nicer than the other DIY kits and is about on par with the better re-works. I prefer my Kidd kit over my VQ assembly.

·
Registered
496 Posts
200 yards off a bipod? Well Good luck Bud.. Several of us at the range try but our 10/22's have triggers jobs done plus bull barrels custom stocks and a VERY solid bench and rifle stand bolted down or clamped to the bench..The cost figures (just for the gun) 2 1/2 times the cost of your rifle.. just for starters..Then HOURS of practice etc.. Our matches are usually 50 and 125..

wPm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Setup as follows...

Setup as follows:

Ruger 10/22 Target
Stock barrel
Hogue fiber synthetic stock
Harris bipod
Barska 10-40x50 scope ($250-$300 model)
Kidd 2 stage trigger (still deciding)

Have only shot 22 from 50 yrds in the past. From what I have read 200 yrds is probably pushing it to the limit but looking to try to see how effective.

If added anything would be a Green Mountain SS Bull Barrel (20 in if available).

Wizzard

·
Registered
68 Posts
Setup as follows:

Ruger 10/22 Target
Stock barrel
Hogue fiber synthetic stock
Harris bipod
Barska 10-40x50 scope ($250-$300 model)
Kidd 2 stage trigger (still deciding)

Have only shot 22 from 50 yrds in the past. From what I have read 200 yrds is probably pushing it to the limit but looking to try to see how effective.

If added anything would be a Green Mountain SS Bull Barrel (20 in if available).

Wizzard
I have all KIDD components on my 10/22 and couldn't be happier.

I have a 20" Stainless GM Barrel that I am tossing around the idea of getting rid of, as I might change build plans.

If you are interested let me know...

·
Registered
71 Posts

Curious about the pounds required on the stock 10/22 trigger ..?

Will want to replace trigger with match grade trigger. Am interested in any ideas/experience with this as I believe the trigger is one of the most important pieces of hardware in regard to accuracy. If you have a suggestion do you know the required trigger pull in pounds.

Are there any two stage triggers for the 10/22?

Thanks in advance,
Wizzard
Stock 10/22 is 9lbs...Target model is pre-set to about 5-6 lbs...Brimstone will take it down to 2 lbs for you.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts