Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you choose to carry for protection? I know women who carry non lethal stuff like pepper spray or mace.

In my line of work I use knives every day ( I am a pro cook and have worked as a meat cutter) and I'm sure I could cut a guy to pieces if I had to. I wouldn't do that unless I absolutely had to. But I prefer a compact pistol in case I was faced with a gang situation. Multiple threats. Also I prefer it in case someone tries to rob my business. I wouldn't want to be holding a knife in a gun fight if you know what I mean.

If for some reason you couldn't carry a firearm or prefer not to then what would you choose to carry?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
WASP & HORNET SPRAY
I let friends know that work at a business that doesn't allow firearms to be on premises to have a can (or 2) of the wasp spray that shoots a stream 25ft. It works great, won't offend anyone that sees it & can be kept close by if needed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WASP & HORNET SPRAY
I let friends know that work at a business that doesn't allow firearms to be on premises to have a can (or 2) of the wasp spray that shoots a stream 25ft. It works great, won't offend anyone that sees it & can be kept close by if needed.
If you're attacked by any stinging insects you will be well prepared.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
if I could not carry gun then a knife, maybe a wooden cane, or a cop.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
WASP & HORNET SPRAY
That's a pretty formidable defense if you hit the face, nasty stuff and good range if the winds not blowing hard or back in your face :eek:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
WASP & HORNET SPRAY
Wouldnt surprise me if you had to use it and feds charged you with "using in a manner inconsistent with its labeling" lol!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
if I could not carry gun then a knife, maybe a wooden cane, or a cop.
I met a deputy the other day that, while I probably wouldn't want to carry her as such, let's just say if she wanted to frisk me I'd have been OK with it. :D

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
WASP & HORNET SPRAY
I never thought of that! :eek:

What a great idea. I've got cans of that stuff all over because time is of the essence when those little [email protected]*# spring up on you. It probably wouldn't kill a BG but would for sure ruin their day.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Wouldnt surprise me if you had to use it and feds charged you with "using in a manner inconsistent with its labeling" lol!
1st time some gangbanger files a lawsuit for getting sprayed in the face and subdued during a strong arm,,, the libturd anti's will spend millions outlawing hornet spray as inhumane to murderers. :).

·
Banned
365 Posts
WASP & HORNET SPRAY
And I can tell you that it works (NOT from personally being hit with it, but from seeing it used on someone else). The "victim" is enjoying a state sponsored "vacation" in the gray bar hotel for an extended stay, and is lucky he didn't learn terminal ballistics that day.

I will usually carry pepper spray on my belt for a non-lethal defensive item, and keep the wasp & hornet spray as a backup.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The natural, pick me out a good piece of wood Bobby.

Mickey Mantle home run slugger has always been my best friend. With a ball and glove of course.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I wouldn't be nearly as scared of the cops as I would the EPA. Those people are scary.:eek:

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
The natural, pick me out a good piece of wood Bobby.

Mickey Mantle home run slugger has always been my best friend. With a ball and glove of course.
Ditto.......hard to see when the lights go boom.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
So would that wasp spray cause serious or permanent damage to the eyes? I can see where that might be handy with an aggressive dog, but I wouldn't necessarily want to blind it.

I think that is a good idea, and I might pick up a can or two. I work in a "guns free" building with unarmed desk guards at the door, so I am essentially unarmed at work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts