Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I suppose that lots of folks have more than one handgun that they carry concealed, and for a variety of reasons. Seems like a lot of the reasons have to do with weather and how much clothing you are wearing. For some, there is a need for deep concealment, so small weapons are used.

On different occasions,I have carried my 4" .357 revolver, or a full sized .40 cal auto, but mostly my SR9c. Over the past month or so, I have really considered a pocket pistol, in the .380 range.

So here is the question. If you had to pick one and only one weapon forever, that you always carry regardless of clothing or circumstance, what would it be?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Lcr .38.

·
Registered
78 Posts
With no restrictions about Ammo availabilty or need to have to be deep concealed I would choose my Glock 21 Gen 4

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I would prefer to carry my 3" GP but it's not so easy for me to concel so I guess I would have to go with my 2 1/2" SP with the bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That's a rough question, as I aim to be a "gun for every occasion" type of guy. But if I absolutely had to pick one & only one, it would be my SP101 .357 Magnum, 3.06" barrel.

Why?

Stainless steel, the reliability inherent in revolvers & the stopping power of .357 Magnum plus the ability to also utilize .38 Spl. loads if desired/necessary.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
SP101 2 1/2. good for .38 and .357

·
Registered
334 Posts
As much as I like my M&P40 if I could have only one gun forever it'd be my SS GP100 4". It doesn't conceal well (but it CAN be somewhat concealed - I wore it all last winter).
It's a gun that I just feel totally comfortable with.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
It would be a toss up between my GP100 and SR1911...

Due to the "forever" ruling...durability, low maintenance and reliability come into play. Therefore I would have to go with the GP100.

This is not an easy choice for me as I am equally crazy about both these guns...and would carry them both at the same time if I could :eek::D;)

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Sig P290 RS.

I can easily conceal in hot and cold weather, dead on accurate, 7 or 9 rounds of 9mm and Sig reliable.

I like my Sig P238, but don't shoot much with a manual safety, so felt better with the DAO P290.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Only because I prefer to pocket carry places I frequently go and because I have never had any type of malfunction its hard not go with my LC9 over my "bulkier" choices.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts