Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Balls
Particularly from those 2 guys who stood there and let themselves get "buzzed"...that second guy never even flinched!:eek:

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I see they edited the one with the Harrier flying down the canyon straight at the troops.

The original is pretty funny because one guy is looking up the canyon with binocs, sees the plane coming and yells "Oh s***, he's f****** low!" just before they get buzzed.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S.: I especially liked the ones over the water.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see they edited the one with the Harrier flying down the canyon straight at the troops.

The original is pretty funny because one guy is looking up the canyon with binocs, sees the plane coming and yells "Oh s***, he's f****** low!" just before they get buzzed.
Kinda glad they did edit that part...I'd hate for the mods to pull this because of language.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were two over the water. Both were great, but the one where he goes verticle was really cool!
Agreed. Between the two, I liked the one that was so low that he had the water continuously flying up around him. What a cool job those guys have, eh?

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Was at an airshow at Pensacola NAS back about 1980. Besides the always great Blue Angels, a F-14 did a low pass over the crowd, sweeping the wings as he approached, and breaking the barrier just overhead. Something I won't forget.

Also had a four engine British Nimrod anti-sub jet, do a slow roll down the center of the runway, with the wingtips clearing by maybe 20 feet. Awesome.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was at an airshow at Pensacola NAS back about 1980. Besides the always great Blue Angels, a F-14 did a low pass over the crowd, sweeping the wings as he approached, and breaking the barrier just overhead. Something I won't forget.

Also had a four engine British Nimrod anti-sub jet, do a slow roll down the center of the runway, with the wingtips clearing by maybe 20 feet. Awesome.
I'll bet that was an awesome sight!

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
I like the last one, just above the water. It looked like he was maintaining a shock wave, holding at just the right speed.

Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the last one, just above the water. It looked like he was maintaining a shock wave, holding at just the right speed.

Thanks for posting this!
Happy to do it, glad you liked it.:)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This has been around but it's still awesome. Bigger question - who is the band?
On this one, I have no answer for you...my extensive music collection starts at around 1975 and ends at 1990. :eek:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Impressive.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Agreed. Between the two, I liked the one that was so low that he had the water continuously flying up around him. What a cool job those guys have, eh?
That was not water from what he was flying over:
One of the extraordinary sights associated with this supersonic transition is the production of a sudden visible vapor cloud around the aircraft. The report of the photographers is that they snap the shutter when they hear the sonic boom, which certainly associates the cloud with the breaking of the sound barrier.
Breaking the Sound Barrier with an Aircraft

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mezzanine is the band
Masive Attack is the song

Used Shazam on the iPhone to find it
Thanks - Took a litle fumbling around on google and youtube to find it. Never would have even gotten close without your help. However, the band is Massive Attack. Song is Angel on the Mezzanine album. Thanks again :cool:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
:eek: That was so awesome! Those guys seemed be really enjoying themselves...super cool aircraft!

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts