Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are no surprises there. Concealed carry permittees commit crimes at rates far below non-permitees.

mbogo

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's good to see that some states are coming around a bit. Still, I'm glad my home state of AZ has "Constitutional Carry", meaning we don't need a permit to carry concealed or open.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's good to see that some states are coming around a bit. Still, I'm glad my home state of AZ has "Constitutional Carry", meaning we don't need a permit to carry concealed or open.
@Thor45AZ I have in-laws in AZ who are neutral when it comes to 2A.
What is the law requarding Police and carrying a firearm? Is there a duty to inform?

·
Banned
650 Posts
Everyone knows that people who have a concealed carry permit have kept their nose clean all their life. They just want to create an illusion that no one can be trusted to carry a gun. By never issuing permits they cannot be proven wrong.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Kansas has come a long ways. As of July of this year, Kansas is a constitutional carry state, concealed and open. I'll retain my permit for reciprocity

·
Registered
324 Posts
Goudie is your typical liberal media gun hater. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected him to push his usual agenda.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Illinois is slowly becoming more tolerant.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm in the north east suburbs just up river from St.Louis. across the river in Il., towns like Granite City and Edwardsville are just a few miles away. it's to bad the state of Il. doesn't want me or my money to cross the border for shopping and recreation, my Mo. CCW permit isn't recognized over there and if I was carrying, guess I'd go to jail. to make this even more ridiculous, consider that anybody driving thru Il. has to have their empty gun secured in the trunk of the car, per Il. law. now consider, 1 in every 3 cars in Chicago has a gun in it and the thugs on the S. side all have guns. Il. has gun laws and zip/zero enforcement for bad guys. just another cruel joke.

·
Registered
188 Posts
now all they need is RECIPROCITY!!!!!

I used to love going to Chitown (being from MI) now that I have my permit, I refuse to go back until I can bring my piece.

·
Registered
324 Posts
now all they need is RECIPROCITY!!!!!

I used to love going to Chitown (being from MI) now that I have my permit, I refuse to go back until I can bring my piece.
Yeah, it stinks. At least you can keep it in your car. As time goes on and there's no mayhem the laws should improve.

I'm moving to FL next year and my IL CCW will become useless. Never mind that I already met all the requirements to carry as a resident, they won't issue a non resident permit to me. Politics.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
generally speaking, any person who jumps through the necessary hoops, and plays the waiting game, is going to be a law abiding citizen with zero felonious intent.
I have carried for forty years, legally, with no issue. I hope to continue that record for life.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, it stinks. At least you can keep it in your car. As time goes on and there's no mayhem the laws should improve.

I'm moving to FL next year and my IL CCW will become useless. Never mind that I already met all the requirements to carry as a resident, they won't issue a non resident permit to me. Politics.
They will issue you one eventually though correct? as long as you are listed as a resident?

If I recall correctly (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) you have to wait a year after becoming an IL citizen before they allow you a CPL

·
Registered
324 Posts
They will issue you one eventually though correct? as long as you are listed as a resident?

If I recall correctly (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) you have to wait a year after becoming an IL citizen before they allow you a CPL
I am a resident and currently hold a valid IL FCCL. Once my residency changes to FL the ISP will void my IL license. Since FL requirements are not as stringent as IL they will not issue FL residents a non resident license. Like I said even though I currently have a resident license and jumped through all the necessary hoops it won't amount to a hill of beans once I move. I already have my FL CCW as they don't really care where you live.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I won't complain about the manner in which we get a win.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.