Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Well I did it, I went ahead and took the plunge into the AR world. I purchased a complete AR lower, from PSA, sku #36218. I'm happy with the purchase, but I do have a small hiccup. The lower is shipped with a bullet button, instead of the standard push button mag release. I'm also finding this is somewhat common even with other brands.

Now although PSA discloses that they ship their receivers with a bullet button, to be compliant, it never occured to me that mine would arrive with a bullet button, since this is a California ordinance. I live in Illinois, not near Chicago or Cook county. I've researched this forum and the internet to see if this IS required in parts of Illinois, or the entire state, but can't find a simple answer.

So, if other Illinoisians here can jump in and help answer, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, I've figured I can remove and replace the bullet button assuming it's not needed. Can someone recommend a standard mag release kit?

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,547 Posts
I read the thread title and the first thing I checked was your location. Interesting. I'm curious to find out your fellow Illinoisians' take on this matter.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Any decent lower parts kit will have what you need. I would get a PSA LPK and swap it out... Then you will also have spare parts (always a good thing).

I don't know about your laws,but I suspect you do not need the BB. Those are generally associated with CA. Hopefully, an IL resident will chime in.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any decent lower parts kit will have what you need. I would get a PSA LPK and swap it out... Then you will also have spare parts (always a good thing).

I don't know about your laws,but I suspect you do not need the BB. Those are generally associated with CA. Hopefully, an IL resident will chime in.
A PSA lower parts kit sounds like a good option. I've also emailed PSA over this matter and I'm still waiting for a response. I'm asking for a standard mag release at no charge.Thanks for chiming in.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
You may have to wait a bit because of the holidays. Seems like a reasonable request unless they can only ship it with the BB. I am interested to hear how this turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts