Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Primary Arms illuminated 5x prism scope for my Ruger SR 762. It has 5 illumination settings in both red and green for the Chevron tip, but the rest of the scope is etched glass and not illuminated. When looking in bright light situations it looks great in every setting. In low light, indoors at night or with the lens cap on for testing, everything looks good on brightness levels 1, 2, 3. But on the 2 brightest settings I see random dots of illumination on the left side of the scope reticle. Is this normal and why there are different brightness settings or is this a defect I should ask to have fixed?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have the Primary Arms 3x on a x39 AR. It's more common to see "flare" on the brightest settings on red dot sights.
The Chevron on mine is super crisp at all settings, I'm not sure why you are seeing dots off to the side.
Do you have the diopter adjusted for your eyesight ?

I'd give PA a call, and describe the issue to them, they are good about making things right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I wasn't sure if this is expected or not. I reached out to them and will wait to see what they say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts