Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you all here at RUGERFORUM.NET wears a pair of suspenders when your packin' your shootin' iron? It's just been lately that my gun has gotin' alot heaver and I'm having to pull my pants up more often. What is the deal? Is anyone else having this problem? My family says I'm getting older and I'm starting to play the roll in being an old man: different taste in music, close (suspenders),more peace and quiet, softer music, no loud mufflers on my truck.....ect. Am I going crazy??:(

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
They call that "Man-O-Pause"... Welcome to the "Old Timers" club...

Funiture Disease: When yer chest falls in yer drawers...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Went from my M65 3" to a P90 recently-the weight/carry ease of the P90 was the deciding factor-too much in my britches just like when I was young----'cept now it's belly-the flatter .45 is way more comfy-can't wear suspenders, though, my tail's always out:D:D

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You have officially made the 'Old Farts Club'. Welcome from a charter member.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What age does it start? I'm only in my early 40'S

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Well...you may be an early bloomer. I figured mine started about 55.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Actually it starts around 21, and progresses to full blown at 35, and chronic at 39.9, and you don't want to know about 50...

·
Registered
333 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Actually it starts around 21, and progresses to full blown at 35, and chronic at 39.9, and you don't want to know about 50...
Dang I knew something was wrong, I just turned 30 this year!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, WhiteDog, but you've had it long enough you get to goof off a lot and shoot when you want to -don't have to use an alarm clock-get discounts at the store and hugs from girls that the young bucks couldn't even shake hands with-you really have it pretty good-hope I make it to your age...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
How true Sheepdog. I have to register for winter quarter tomorrow at CBC. Fifty years ago those sweet things wouldn't even look at me and now they all give me a big smile ( probably think "dirty old man "). I might be to old to learn but I'm going to try.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Whatcha takin'?? Anatomy and a young tutoress sounds like a good one....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
HeavyJ you are starting into what people call the Golden Years. The trouble is who ever come up with that saying was blind. It's not Gold but Rust. Yes I have to wear suspenders when I go out cause I got my big iron on. I am a young 61 going on 80. It gets worse and never gets better. Hunt,shoot,and fish all you can now because you don't know whats around the corner.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yep, at age 68 I gotta have those suspenders nowadays. Even though I've skinnied down from yesteryear, I have trouble keeping my pants on even without a pistol[:I]
Baker

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Everyone--- I look at it this way--- most of us are entering and enjoying the BEST years
of our lives. All you got to do is ENJOY every minute of it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
BtrumanJ---I got a 20-year-old like that.....:D You have the slip-on grip HeavyJ was asking about for a P97, looks like-what improvement in grip and does it hang on your shirt when you carry or your coat and cause a problelm?

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

BtrumanJ---I got a 20-year-old like that.....:D You have the slip-on grip HeavyJ was asking about for a P97, looks like-what improvement in grip and does it hang on your shirt when you carry or your coat and cause a problelm?
Sheepdog, it really improves the grip for me and I don't have problems with it hanging on clothes. For me personally it the best option for the grip and cheap too. It's a ---- to get on or off but worth it.[8D]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks Btrumanj-if I had to get it on one, I'd wet both surfaces first and try that-it works on plier grips...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.