Ruger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
I'm willing to wager my lump of coal from Santa that you will have it back by the time Jolly St. Nick makes his run ...

Amanda sounds familiar ...
I received an email from Ruger today saying the pistol is being checked out by a technician and that they would let me know what they find out. Sometime after that today, I received an email from FedEx with tracking number saying my pistol will be delivered to me on December 10 - a 7 day turnaround if it works out that way. Maybe the folks at Ruger take a week or 10 days off during Christmas and are pushing everything out the door they can before they shut down.
So it must have been a simple fix - I'm guessing something easy like an extractor replacement.
I'll be sure to report back here what they did to the pistol and how it performs.
Kim
See my wager above ... Ruger CS is top notch ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I received the pistol back today - 7 calendar days from when I handed it over to FEDEX. That was pretty darn quick!
It was well packaged and came in a nice white cardboard Ruger box with a label on the side. The packing slip that came with it said they replaced the extractor, sear and sear spring and then test fired it with 30 rounds, no problems.
Can't wait to give it my own trial.
Here are some photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,984 Posts
Sweet ... they are the best, that's why I'm product loyal ...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have never needed warranty work on any firearm I have, thank goodness, but I have a P-89 I bought new, have carried it a lot over the years, & it has few rds shot out of it, but the bluing has worn off the slide. I inquired to Ruger about the cost of re bluing it, & they said they would do a one time re blue a no charge. That kind of service can't be beat! Glad most of my guns are Rugers.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts