Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I should have noted, the clearance measurements were taken with the loading gates closed, hammers forward, and transfer bars "down".

I'm a little curious what the measurements would be with hammers cocked, but "in the hand" the cylinder movement feels the same...my touch could be out of calibration by 1/1000th...I've had a beer. (for the safety folks, no ammo has been touched, let alone loaded)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry, I must have misread something or I wouldn't have commented on tearing it down. The movement does seem a little odd. There was a post recently about Wranglers and someone had mentioned a similar issue on theirs and a discussion ensued. Tried finding it again but admit to not searching too long.

You gave me a good chuckle about the clock emergency and picturing you using feeler gauges when drinking!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry, I must have misread something or I wouldn't have commented on tearing it down. The movement does seem a little odd. There was a post recently about Wranglers and someone had mentioned a similar issue on theirs and a discussion ensued. Tried finding it again but admit to not searching too long.

You gave me a good chuckle about the clock emergency and picturing you using feeler gauges when drinking!
No worries, I never dismiss any suggestions or advice.

The clock phone call was pretty fun in real life too. I was only a couple beers in when I got the feeler gauge out. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally made it back to the range again to test out the 4.2" plow handle with the factory spring...no good. It only fired on two chambers, tried two cylinders full of different ammo, the same two chambers fired both times, but not the first time around for those two chambers. It's going to need to get sent back to Ruger, unfortunately.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That really sucks. I sure hope they can make it right.
I've only heard good things about Ruger's customer service and customer support.

I have to send it back through my FFL, which is fine, I bought it though them to begin with...just need an RMA and drop it back off at the LGS which is also my FFL. Inconvenient that I got a got a new Ruger that doesn't function 100%, I have a bunch of Rugers, this is the first one that disappointed me, but I'm sure they will make it right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Great looking guns and I am sure Ruger will make it right. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've only heard good things about Ruger's customer service and customer support.

I have to send it back through my FFL, which is fine, I bought it though them to begin with...just need an RMA and drop it back off at the LGS which is also my FFL. Inconvenient that I got a got a new Ruger that doesn't function 100%, I have a bunch of Rugers, this is the first one that disappointed me, but I'm sure they will make it right. :thumbsup:
I've heard good things about their customer service, also. Please let us all know how it goes, and if they tell you what caused the issue. I, for one, am very curious as to what happened to this one. The good news is that Shopkeeper seems to be working just fine!

·
Registered
232 Posts
really like my Shopkeeper... shame about your 0913...

recently found a 0912 for 60% off retail... it had been languishing under the counter for six years at a LGS...

both my Bearcats are fun rimfires... very relaxing, yet challenging to shoot well:

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

21 - 30 of 30 Posts