Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wa sat the range yesterday ... put about ( I say that cause I havent counted the empties
yet )

250 rds of ... 38 special
200 rds of ... 38 special +P
150 rds of ... 38 specual +P+
100 rds of ... 357 magnum

I really shot the heck out of this gun yesterday ... I am very very impressed
and had a lot of fun while doing it ...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
dang it! another glowing gp 100 report! i may never get around to buying a 9mm!!!!!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,712 Posts
I got in a heated discussion about Ruger GP-100s. My friend called them a poor man's gun (S&W fan). I said "No, a rich man's gun because you have to be wealthy to afford all the ammo you will shoot." I've had my GP-100 for over 10 years and have spent way more on ammo than I paid for it. It still works and looks like new. Try that with a S&W.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I love mine too, and it gets smoother every time I shoot it. I wrote down a guy's number on the bulletin board at the range who had 1,000 rounds of .38 special for sale for $100. I don't know what brand it is, but it'd be nice to stock up on some. I don't shoot as much as rtmpgh does though!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love mine too, and it gets smoother every time I shoot it. I wrote down a guy's number on the bulletin board at the range who had 1,000 rounds of .38 special for sale for $100. I don't know what brand it is, but it'd be nice to stock up on some. I don't shoot as much as rtmpgh does though!
well ... I didnt even mention the # of shells I put thru my
H&K USP .45 and Glock 21SF ( 250 thru these )
or my
Glock 33 ( 100 thru this one )
or my
FN 5.7x28 ( 100 thru this one also )

so it was a SHOOT FEST for me this past sunday ..

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I wa sat the range yesterday ... put about ( I say that cause I havent counted the empties
yet )

250 rds of ... 38 special
200 rds of ... 38 special +P
150 rds of ... 38 specual +P+
100 rds of ... 357 magnum

I really shot the heck out of this gun yesterday ... I am very very impressed
and had a lot of fun while doing it ...
That's my kind of range session. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also will agree,my GP100 is a dream to shoot.I have owned it for a couple years now.Everytime I shoot it, I like it even more.:) Nice & smooth.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I kept sneering at my son's GP100 as a big clunky ugly thing until he forced me to shoot it. I bought one a week later. While I haven't met many S&W's I didn't like, I think I like the GP100 a bit better.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I like my GP.........and my SP.........and my P90.......and my P345's..........and my......well you get the point. :D.

Seriously though my GP100 is a fine shooter and one tough revolver. Should outlive me and give my kids many years of service.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well ... chalk up another 250 rounds thru the GP ... this time it was only
.38 special ...my buddy just purchased an M&P .40 and he twisted my
arm to goto the range [ yeah right :) twisted really hard ]

this gun does get better with each round thru it ... I swear there
was no recoil this time out ...

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,712 Posts
rtmpgh, You have to put some ammo in it next time. That's why there was no recoil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shoot mine every monday night. better all the time. Still waiting on the perfect bullseye score but getting close.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The GP100 Lament

I got a 6 inch, a 4 inch, a 3 inch (another?)
Bought three 101's 'cause each needed a brother.
An Alaskan, a RedHawk -- will it never end.
These Ruger revolvers are driving me 'round the bend!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Own three GPs and an SP. All of them shoot great. I won't even look at an S&W anymore.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I like my GP, but I don't shoot it much. They sure are nice guns.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts