Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my new-to-me Hungarian FEG AP-MBP .32 cal circa 1951

Should be a hoot to shoot. Took me a hour or so to clean all the cosmoline out of the crevices and mags. Range report will follow soon. I love these $200 kind of guns!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
FEG makes a good gun. Yours looks great! I have a FEG AK I'm having the mag well opened up. Very nice find and at a sweet price!

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,549 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
FEGs are good, and cooler that it's a .32:)

I guess the Hungarian 007 would have carried that instead of a .32 PPK lol

.32 is a lot of fun out of a mid sized all metal handgun. Just load the mag right so you don't get rim lock.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FEGs are good, and cooler that it's a .32:)

I guess the Hungarian 007 would have carried that instead of a .32 PPK lol

.32 is a lot of fun out of a mid sized all metal handgun. Just load the mag right so you don't get rim lock.
Yikes... Rim lock? Sounds bad... I don't know what loading the mag right means... Help me understand, please.

My little keltec p32 never suffers... And I just load it like any other mag

Help...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yikes... Rim lock? Sounds bad... I don't know what loading the mag right means... Help me understand, please.

Help...

Ok... Just found this explanation on another forum... Thank you handgun forum.net

Rimlock is where the rounds get jammed in a magazine.

It happens with semi-rimmed cartridges like the .32 ACP or with fully-rimmed ones like the .357 Magnum (ala the Coonan pistol).

If the overall cartridge length is short enough, the round below the top one in the magazine can move forward. Then, the rim of the top round can slip behind the rim of the lower round, locking it in the magazine.

Can't happen with rimless or rebated rim cases like the 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig and .45 ACP.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts

Help...
I've experienced rim lock once with my Keltec P32. I had to disassemble the magazine to get the rounds out. Keltec sells an insert to prevent it.

Rim lock has never happened to me in any of my other 32 handguns.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had a Feg PA 63 that was chambered in 9x18 mak.Nice carry pistol. As was said, Feg makes good weapons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts