Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long-time friend just dropped by to walk with my wife as they often do...her son's a Marine in Iraq-somewhere near Baghdad...he was with a howitzer battery but when they got there they made him a grunt...and I asked what they were hearing from him. I could have drowned in the wells of love and pain in that Mother's eyes as she said "I don't know...we haven't heard from him since before Easter." I talked of teamwork and the camaraderie...the buddies that become "tight" and keep each others' backs, and the wonderful equipment that they have nowadays...oh, but none of that drained those awful pools in his Mother's eyes....shall we pray............

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I understand what your friend is going through sheepdog. There are times when a Marine is in the field for weeks on end. Times when he is in a place where no outside communication is allowed for non- military use. It's hard on a parent & a family to wonder if their soldier is ok. My Son told me that "No news is good news." And if anything happened to him, it wouldn't take long for us to find out about it. I'm grateful that Jeff made it back safely, but I will keep your son & your friends son & every military man & woman in my prayers untill each & everyone of them come home. They are in a dangerous place, doing a dangerous job & they are proud to be serving their country. They are MARINES. That's what they do.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim called his Mom tonight...doing fine..said he'll only get to call once a month or so...got invited to an Iraqui home for supper...the host kept standing up and sitting down..the Marines did, too, the guy was saying something...later they found out it was "God answers prayers...".......a little girl came up to Tim and looked up at him and asked him "Are you my friend?"....where's the big 3 media???? Nowhere to be found...our boys are making a difference....bet his Mom's eyes sparkle with tears of joy and relief tonight...God does answer prayers...thanks, Fellas!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts