Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep we do and I am sure all of you have stories to share. This one has happened to me this pasted week. Here in Texas we are having the monsoon season. Its wet its rain, and its still raining now. When will it stop who knows.
I live in an appartment and have since my divorce, and I must say its not really my cup of tea but its home for now. I have been telling them for a while that the roof leaks and it needs a new roof. Well they finally got around to getting a crew out here to put the roof on. This was in January and the roofer had other jobs to do. ok well last nite in the bed room had a real nice water leak. Yep it was wet and so I had to put a buck down and I got to listen to the water drops all nite. This morning had a few more places leaking but in the same area. Ok I can fix that I put a wash tub done. Now that stopped the leak for some reason.
Well just goes to show if you have something to take care of the problem most times the problem will go someplace else. Boy its coming down now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, Snuffy-this rainy weather caught me in a chimney job-I got a living rooom full of trim to put up and need a 6-hour window for the paint to dry-and keep telling myself "Shut up---you'll thank God for every drop come August and pray for more"....I just wish we could control when we get it...but that ain't our job...the dog's gettin' tired of me bein' around the house...now ain't that a fine thing!!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Our lakes are full for the 1st time in a long time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup...the guppies are givin the catfish swimmin' lessons...now that there's enough water...Thank God...now, if we could find a good mosquito repellent that smelled like English Leather....

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
English Leather won't cut it around here sheepdog. The mosquito's around here are getin' big enough we need some of that Hi Karate!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Man, you're bad...I just told my son who graduated that I got one bottle of British Sterling, one of English Leather...and 7 of HK...which smelled like whale p and gasoline....he's never heard of it...guess the EPA banned it...it made great targets!!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep we sure got rain, and no range time around here until it dries out. Your right this is a fine thing its raining we're stuck inside and no range time.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Makes time to reload though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't let a little rain keep ya'll from the range.
I remember the time I set up a ambush and the rain was so bad we had to use water wings to keep from drowning.[}:)]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The range that I go to you have to drive a good way down a field to get to it. The trail if you can call it that is under water, since my truck is a 1 ton diesel wouldn't make much since to go to the range to get stuck in the mud up to the axle. Getting pulled out is a little on the spendy side these days.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Our Gun Club range is close to the banks of the Arkansas River. I just checked & it's under water. I can walk down to our private range, but it's pretty muddy. We're gonna' shoot clay's later this afternoon if it isn't raining. It's not raining now & it looks like there's at least a 3hr window that I can use to get a little Bass fishin' in.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts