Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the gun stories forum there are two topics in a row, one referencing Bonnie and Clyde, the other about Charter Arms. I had just heard recently a replay of the news item about John Lennon being shot and they mentioned it was a Charter Arms gun. All this made me think about some of the most infamous guns in history. One of them I have seen, either in the Smithsonian or perhaps at Fords Theater, I think it has spent time in both places. This is the Derringer used to kill Lincoln. I can't even imagine how valuable this is, from a historical standpoint.

I wonder where the gun Hitler used to off himself ended up? Nice collectors item there, huh?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I don't think that ya could put a price on it.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
The History Channel had a Story of the Gun episode about infamous guns and also a show about million dollar guns. Some of them where the same guns. They had a pistol that Hitler did own,a Walther PPK if I remember correctly that was engraved and had his initials on the ivory grips. One of the prettiest guns I ever saw.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I don't think that is the one. The one they showed had ivory grips with "A H" carved into them. They said on the show that it did indeed have some of Hitlers blood on that gun, but that it could not have been the one he used to kill himself. I can not exactly remember why, but I think it was found somewhere else besides the place he killed himself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't have a picture, but at the San Diego Air and Space Museum they have on display one of the machineguns from one of the Albatross fighters the Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen) used. They also hav a large number of his medals on display as well.

Being a military aviation nut it was like being in the presence of the Holy Grail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts