Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have a good friend that is interested in my Ruger single six. He is really into "cowboy" guns. This appears to be from 1970 and is a 5 1/2" barrel. I have both cylinders and they match the serial number on the gun. I purchased the gun new from the rod and gun club in Germany.

I find prices all over the place for these, and while I don't want to give it away, I would like to offer him a good price on it. No box, or red bag (I know it is in my house somewhere :>). It is in very good shape and I have never had the "fix" done.

Would asking $350 for it be a fair "friend" price? Also, isn't this a Super Six?

I will really appreciate any comments on this. Below is a photo of the pistol.

Thank you!

Ron

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Well, you can probably get a brand new new model for about $450. Yours is an old model, 3-screw, but I don't think that's all that rare. It appears in good shape. I'd say $350 is an OK friend price. Less if he's a really good friend. How much did you pay for it?

If you can't find the bag for the extra cylinder, throw in a couple of mini bottles of Crown Royal. The felt bag they come in are purple, but they are the right size for the cylinders.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you can probably get a brand new new model for about $450. Yours is an old model, 3-screw, but I don't think that's all that rare. It appears in good shape. I'd say $350 is an OK friend price. Less if he's a really good friend. How much did you pay for it?

If you can't find the bag for the extra cylinder, throw in a couple of mini bottles of Crown Royal. The felt bag they come in are purple, but they are the right size for the cylinders.
Thank you for your information. hmmm... I purchased it in 1970 or so, and I can't even remember what I paid for my gas today, so I have no clue :>)

Do you think giving him the bottles in the bags empty would be bad manners!

Thanks again,

Ron

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I think that's a very reasonable price. In our area, an Old Model Super Single Six in good condition with both cylinders is always over $400 and often closer to $500.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,684 Posts
I would echo what NCG said .... I my area, it's pretty hard to find an unconverted OM Single-Six in excellent condition for less than 5 bills. Yes, your revolver is a "Super Single-Six Convertible" .... as noted by the adjustable rear sight and accessory 22 Mag cylinder.

Single-Sixes with a "60" serial number prefix were made from Jan 1969 through September of 1972, however with your first S/N digit being a "2", it places the DOB at 1970.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think that's a very reasonable price. In our area, an Old Model Super Single Six in good condition with both cylinders is always over $400 and often closer to $500.
Same here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
$350 is an excellent "Good Friend" price...around here in that condition it would fetch $400 to $450 quick!
I agree. As a non-expert but frequent observer of Single Six prices (I have three), I would say the price you suggest is quite fair. I go to a lot of small (600 or fewer tables) shows in the Upper Midwest, and to the spring and fall "world's largest" gunshow at Tulsa, and those are the places I check asking prices; also online, of course. Your $350 would get sold quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts