Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When she first arrived I checked the timing, lockup and finish. Today I went further into it. No mark on the frame from the rear of the case rim from firing. No dark area on the front of the cylinder face, she's never been fired. The revolver appears to have dust inside it from sitting. I see unfired or shot very little guns all the time. Do you see this too?

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
No pictures posted. Unfired 357 redhawks are worth a fair bit. If unfired consider not shooting it I would not be able to resist long so I would have to sell it.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Really common to see unfired, or seldom fired revolvers and bolt action rifles. Pistols and AR's typically get more use, even by a casual user, nature of the beast I suppose.

What barrel length .357mag Redhawk? I'm kinda thinking I need another one, a 5.5" this time, which will also get cut for .357/44 B&D Mag - just a nice mid-range pig gun to go with my 357 & 357/44 B&D Convertible 7.5" Redhawk long range hunting rig.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I thought Ruger had to test fire all guns to insure safe function. Is that not correct?

Seems like they are just asking for potential trouble if they do not test the gun for function before shipping.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
They do. As do all current U.S. manufacturers. But unfired is a common term. Someone has driven every car on the lot before too, but we still call them new cars.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A 5 1/2" barrel in stainless. She will be shot for sure.

I watched that Redhawk 357 video on you tube.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have a 7.5" .357 Redhawk that came to me WELL used, but no less of a great shooter and still tight as a new gun.

I really, really doubt any amount of shooting would ever hurt a .357 Redhawk, just stay away from light bullet .357's in any great numbers.

Shooting .357 through the Redhawk feels like shooting .38's through a medium frame revolver.

Shooting .38's almost feels like an insult to the gun.......

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I bought one at Cabelas about a year ago for $377.00 unfired NIB and resold it 2 weeks later for $900.00!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Really common to see unfired, or seldom fired revolvers and bolt action rifles. Pistols and AR's typically get more use, even by a casual user, nature of the beast I suppose.

What barrel length .357mag Redhawk? I'm kinda thinking I need another one, a 5.5" this time, which will also get cut for .357/44 B&D Mag - just a nice mid-range pig gun to go with my 357 & 357/44 B&D Convertible 7.5" Redhawk long range hunting rig.
I have at last count an even dozen firearms in my safe that have only been fired at the factory. They do command
more money if and when I trade/sell them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts