Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once again, my worries outweighed the reality.

In less than 10-minutes I went from opening the package to putting away the tools. The sights were a breeze to install on a new model Single Six.

The front sight is a direct screw-on replacement. The rear sight was simple enough - it helps to use the exploded view in the manual to see what is there. Maintain a little pressure as you back the adjusting screw all the way out, and push the pin at the front of the base out with a toothpick. Carefully remove the two springs, and the reverse the procedure to install the rear sight.

I tired the sight upside down and stood the springs up in it, raised all three to the pistol, installed the pin and turned it over to reinstall the adjusting screw.

Nothing left but a few minutes at the range to adjust the sights.

The purists can hate me, while my tired, old eyes thank me profusely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Single Six. Exactly.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I did the same thing to a 6.5" Super Single and it was a substantial improvement. When your eyesight starts changing, it's nice to have the option of changing the sights and be right back into having fun again. If plinking isn't fun, then why do it?

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
FO sights are useful for other reasons, as well. Up in our north country, we get a lot of dark, cloudy days that make seeing standard iron sights a challenge and, back in our coniferous woods, it's always dark. Love those FO sights!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you for this CommGuy!

My Single Six that my Dad gave me in 1974 for my 18th Birthday (Handgun ownership by 18 year old legal in Florida then) is due for this eye sight upgrade- I have considered the Williams Fire Sight and will now proceed with confidence and anticipation.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Got them on my 4" stainless GP100 and it made it a gun I can really enjoy shooting vs a gun in the drawer by my bed for emergencies....older with marginal eyes and dark indoor ranges is no a good deal for shooting..the fire sights made it fun again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for this CommGuy!

My Single Six that my Dad gave me in 1974 for my 18th Birthday (Handgun ownership by 18 year old legal in Florida then) is due for this eye sight upgrade- I have considered the Williams Fire Sight and will now proceed with confidence and anticipation.
I think you'll like the Williams Fire Sights. I like shooting the
Single Six, and I think I'll like it more when I'm hitting the target more often. Huge improvement!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts