Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one have experience here? I am going to install a Volquartsen Mark 11 Accurizing kit and Hammer bushing in my Mark 111 22/45. I want to get trigger gauge first to check it before and after. Looks difficult, but with all the you tubes out there, should be a piece of cake (I hope).
Sorry, I left to much info out of original posting title.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't let it intimidate you. It's not really that complicated. I've done the Volquartsen kit on my 22/45 took me an hour or so. And that was stopping often to make sure I was doing everything right. If you've got the Mark III 22/45 get the Mark II kit and the Mark II hammer bushing so you can get rid of the annoying magazine disconnect.

This, I think, is the best video I've seen on it.

Ruger Mark III 22/45 Volquartsen Trigger Modification - YouTube

·
Registered
14 Posts
remeber to install the sear spring on the opposite side of the hammer pivot pin and set the sear pin or they will drift.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does this upgrade really make that big of a difference in trigger weight ? I honestly think the stock trigger on the mark 111 22/45 is great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I splurged and got the kit for my 22/45, It was after all a Christmas present. On my Mark III I got the Tandemkross hammer bushing. Polished the trigger plunger, sear and hammer I took off the 22/45 until everything was nice and shiny and then put them in the Mark III. While it's not as nice as the 22/45 it works well. Doing it over I would probably get the Volquartsen sear and the Tandemkross bushing. Don't get me wrong kit is nice but it is pricey.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
87 Posts
Don't let it intimidate you. It's not really that complicated. I've done the Volquartsen kit on my 22/45 took me an hour or so. And that was stopping often to make sure I was doing everything right. If you've got the Mark III 22/45 get the Mark II kit and the Mark II hammer bushing so you can get rid of the annoying magazine disconnect.

This, I think, is the best video I've seen on it.

Ruger Mark III 22/45 Volquartsen Trigger Modification - YouTube
+ 1

As he said above this is the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts