Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://bit.ly/1g5i5bJ

Don't ask how I got here because I have no idea, but an interesting read this morning and probably this afternoon. Just all kinds of interesting WWII info, with some other odd stuff thrown in seemingly at random. It starts with a (great) pic of HW, but scroll down until you get to "related pins".

The graphic on the Pearl Harbor attack is the best I've ever seen. By a mile.
Now I see how HW got Barbara. :D
President Garfield (who knew) had the girls swooning as a young man..
Audie Murphy was my hero as a kid. Now I remember why.
Uncle Fester (Jackie Coogan) was a WWII hero.
Lots of other stuff...

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Sure looked interesting, but social media blocked the whole thing.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Lyndon Johnson, pictured in uniform, does not belong with those other American heroes. If you do a Google search for "stolen valor," his name should come up immediately. He never truly served, and if he did in fact manage to get himself awarded a Silver Star, it's a damn shame. It should be taken away. He was never in combat.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Lyndon Johnson, pictured in uniform, does not belong with those other American heroes. If you do a Google search for "stolen valor," his name should come up immediately. He never truly served, and if he did in fact manage to get himself awarded a Silver Star, it's a damn shame. It should be taken away. He was never in combat.
Any idea WHO owned the airline that hauled most of the supplies to Vietnam and made Millions and millions. ? ;)

It sure puts a whole new twist on JFK refusing to believe his Generals after the Bay of pigs, and trying to keep us out of Vietnam., and his pending assassination.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I'm not signing up just to look.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm very sorry. I got an offer to sign up but the option not to. Must be an Android thing or something. If I'd have known there was a sign up involved I wouldn't have posted this.

Here's the graphic I was talking about.

John Leslie "Jackie" Coogan (October 26, 1914 — March 1, 1984), enlisted in the United States Army in March, 1941. After the attack on Pearl Harbor, he requested a transfer to United States Army Air Forces as a glider pilot because of his civilian flying experience. He volunteered for hazardous duty with and flew British troops, landing them at night in a small jungle clearing 100 miles behind Japanese lines. Yes, Uncle Fester was actually an American hero!

Douglas McArthur we're used to

Young McArthur

Young HW - I hadn't seen this one before

Didn't see any pic of LBJ...actually still don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts