1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the web site for Chicago Murders there is a statistic for "Shot in the Junk"
which indicates that there is one person that shoots him/her self in the
groin every ten days. This does not imply that with a proper holster you
would still be susceptible to that malady, but it brings caution to my mind. :eek:

There is also an article on Appendix Carry in the latest American Hand
gunner (Sept/Oct - Page 26) on the subject.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
like the duke says, "life is tough. tougher when your stupid". perhaps that would indicate (with good aim) an inability to pass along the genes. after all is said and done, stupid really should hurt, real bad!.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mcwsky09 said:
I don't that distinguishes between self-inflicted and otherwise.
They also have a "selfie" statistic included. :)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
People Mexican carrying i.e. "homie" style stuffed into the waistband......

I carry on my right hip, 99% of the time a DA revolver with a heavy trigger so my odds of shooting myself in the right leg, foot or hip are astronomically low but at no point is anything pointed at my junk:)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
For some reason...I've always been one who doesn't point a gun at anything I don't want shot (must be the training)...including my own junk!

Anyone who tucks a pistol down the front of their pants is stupid...and deserves to preserve the gene pool!

·
Registered
459 Posts
People Mexican carrying i.e. "homie" style stuffed into the waistband......

I carry on my right hip, 99% of the time a DA revolver with a heavy trigger so my odds of shooting myself in the right leg, foot or hip are astronomically low but at no point is anything pointed at my junk:)
how is that less offensive than my noting this phenomenon is known as glock c**k

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Maybe it's just Chicago justice sponsored by Mr Darwin. ... :cool:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Actually "Mexican Carry" is a long existing term used by many gun writers to denote holster-less carry of a handgun by just stuffing it in your waistband........probably started over 100 years ago when actual Mexicans would walk around with revolvers jammed in their pants. Even read an article in a gun rag, one of those "I have this old gun" things where a guy had a .38 Super 1911 with rust damage on the one side of the slide and the Editor said "probably sweat damage from Mexican carry".

And "homie" style, well it's the truth, the "homies' just stick Glocks down in the waistband of their underwear, they can't use their jeans because the waistband of those is near their knees........probably explaining the majority of "junk shots" in Chicago.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Actually "Mexican Carry" is a long existing term used by many gun writers to denote holster-less carry of a handgun by just stuffing it in your waistband........probably started over 100 years ago when actual Mexicans would walk around with revolvers jammed in their pants. Even read an article in a gun rag, one of those "I have this old gun" things where a guy had a .38 Super 1911 with rust damage on the one side of the slide and the Editor said "probably sweat damage from Mexican carry".

And "homie" style, well it's the truth, the "homies' just stick Glocks down in the waistband of their underwear, they can't use their jeans because the waistband of those is near their knees........probably explaining the majority of "junk shots" in Chicago.
I get it... It was a ridiculous protest on my part of the censoring of another well known gun term related to the post... glock %#ck involving accidental discharges to a sensitive part of the male anatomy

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
They also have a "selfie" statistic included. :)
Yes but the Selfie stat doesn't include details of which part of the body was shot.

Though I suppose with 24 selfies and 23 shot in the junk - it seems likely that there is a large overlap in those two categories.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Gang members are know to stick a pistol in ones pants and pull the trigger. Gang bangers figure the victim will survive the shooting but his fun will be shortened. That is probably why you see so many that have been "shot in the junk"

·
Banned
9,381 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
abarrena said:
Maybe it's just Chicago justice sponsored by Mr Darwin. ... :cool:
Or the BL don't M . . . . :eek:

:D

·
Registered
704 Posts
Could certainly keep the criminal class from producing another generation wouldn't it.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Well, if the criminal scum element keeps castrating themselves, that's a good thing in the long run. :D
look at all the taxpayer money that will be saved NOT having to take care off and set their offspring up as the next generation of special entitlement dem voters. ;)

·
Banned
551 Posts
Well, if the criminal scum element keeps castrating themselves, that's a good thing in the long run. :D
look at all the taxpayer money that will be saved NOT having to take care off and set their offspring up as the next generation of special entitlement dem voters. ;)
Come on man. Confabulating 'criminal scum element' with 'special entitlement dem voters'? Don't go minefield on us, I like (some) of your posts.

Reactions: OldCrow

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dcdixon said:
... look at all the taxpayer money that will be saved NOT having to take care off and set their offspring up as the next generation of special entitlement dem voters. ;)
Now that's the truth. :D

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Good point!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.