Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ya'll
I live in south Louisiana across the Great River from Chocolate City alais the Big Easy, alais The city that care forgot, or forgot to care
I forget which. The City that confacates legal firearms from law-abiding citizens during local emergencies etc.
I was introduced to hunting and longarms at the tender age of seven years by a dear, since departed uncle. I have been active in the shooting sports since that time, hunting with rifle,shotgun and bow.
By bow I mean real bows not the ones with wheels or cams on them.
I am a Navy Veteran, and U.S. postal carrier retiree, I am also a published poet.I am married one wife,(40 years!) two children, now grown and a grandparent.
In 2005 my son introduced me to handgun shooting and for the past two years I have been actively learning to shoot revolvers. (I also have a few of my very own now. All Rugers (are there any other revolvers?)
My Rugers are all single action 'cowboy' types OM Vaqueros, a new model Blackhawk, a Single Six,and an OM Bisley Vaquero all in .45 caliber, except of course the single six. I also have a Ruger 10/.22
Most of my longarms were aquired before being introduced to handguns.
So I really have no need of aquiring new ones. Handguns, however, are a whole other game, can't seem to stop buying them. I no sooner finish paying one off than I'm looking at another!Is there a cure for this malady? If so please let me know what it is!
Anyway, that's me in a brass cartridge case. Oh by the way I'm also an avid re-loader.
I hope to be here awhile and asking as well as attempting to answer questions I feel I'm qualified to answer. If anyone has an objection to my answer or newer information to add please feel free to do so.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Welcome from KY! (And no, there is no cure from buying guns, just new diseases to overcome!)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
cyrille,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, quite an impressive bio you got there, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome from Middle Louisiana. Maybe we can appoint you our resident Poet Laureate. Let's see - Isn't Westwego- where they get the motorhomes? Glad you signed up, hope to see you post often.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Welcome from Middle Louisiana. Maybe we can appoint you our resident Poet Laureate. Let's see - Isn't Westwego- where they get the motorhomes? Glad you signed up, hope to see you post often.
Middle LA!Where at Alexandria, Bunkie, Bordlonville. Marksville?
I have relitives in the area. Been going up there since I was knee high to a *******. Hunted around there for more years than I care to count.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you for such swift and warm welcomes, But I don't think I'm going to like it here--- Nope I hust decided that I ain't gonna like it here--- I'm gonna love it!

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Welcome from NE Kansas. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Just jump in anytime and visit! Bow hunting without wheels? Didn't know there were folks left that used a regular bow! Maybe i ought to write the Nuge and request he do a show with a recurve instead of a compound.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cyrille

quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Middle LA!Where at Alexandria, Bunkie, Bordlonville. Marksville?
I have relitives in the area. Been going up there since I was knee high to a *******. Hunted around there for more years than I care to count.
Alexandria, on the west side of the River. I do get down to Bunkie from time to time-- Mainly shoot at the Woodworth Range.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy the forum, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks for a wedding and vacation. So a belated welcome from Shawnee, Oklahoma via upstate New York (Poland, NY). Although I have had hand guns since the 1960s, Colt Offical Police, Ruger 357 BH and Mark I. Like you my son got me really interested in shooting handguns. I have a 50 yd range from my front porch and I shoot almost everyday, 357 BH, SP101, GP100, MK I and S&W 686.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.