Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the state of Iowa or any other state for that matter can a ccw permit holder carry a hand gun or gun period legally in a vehicle if there is a convicted felon in the vehicle with them?

·
Registered
508 Posts
loose and available - back seat , dashboard, glove box- ILLEGAL as it counts as supplying a felon.

On your own person or locked in the trunk should be okay.

NOT a lawyer and not from Iowa.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I would check to see if State of Iowa has a website regarding CCW laws. I know Texas does. The site may have a FAQ section. If not I would check the Iowa laws about firearm access by felons. No matter what anyone says on this forum, its not the law.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
txcoastie is right check it out for yourself, you alone are responcible on this one. Here in Mi you must have control of your weapon. It can't be available for a non permited passenger to access much less a felon. So on you or locked in the trunk. Your felon buddy I would think should be more worried. If he knowingly gets in the car with a gun could be in trouble. But don't listen to my speculation, do your own research.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Personally, having a convicted felon in your auto and a gun present too would not be adviseable. Is the felon a spouse, relative, friend?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Handgunlaw.us is a site I refer to frequently for local law but I don't recall any info on being in the presence of a felon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.