Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
The rifle doesn't care what type of sighting system you mount on it. It will place the bullet where you are pointing it. If the Eotech is the right tool for the type of shooting you do, then mount it and use it. They have their place, it is up to you to decide if it's right for what you want to do with your rifle.

In a tactical urban setting where shots are rarely over 100-150 yards, and are often taken in poor light conditions under quckly changing circumstances, a sight like that might be the best choice. If you're turkey hunting in dense woods with short range shots, it again might be the best choice.

If you're elk hunting in Montana or sniping prairie dogs in South Dakota, it probably isn't.

I certainly wouldn't be ashamed to mount it on a GSR rifle, if it is the best choice for my needs.

· Registered
63 Posts
That wouldn't be a bad choice at all, particularly if budget is an issue.

I plan on purchasing a GSR rifle soon. Here's what I will buy for it (link is below):

Scopes - rifle scopes, handgun scopes, hunting scopes by Burris Optics

For extended eye relief scopes, a low fixed power usually works best. I generally gravitate to using the lowest power scope that will get me the sight picture I need to make the shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.