Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I have been shooting CCI Blazers in My Ruger Marks for several years. They've been utterly reliable, accurate, inexpensive and easy to find. However, the last few 525 round bulk boxes I've purchased seem to be extremely waxy and dirty; so much so that during a 500 round fun-shoot last Sunday, my magazines fouled up so bad they needed to be "de-waxed" twice. There were about 18 shooters, and 2 others experienced the same thing with Blazers. Any comments and/or similar experiences ??

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I can't speak for the Blazers but I bought some CCI AR Tactical .22 rounds (yes, I know... the whole world is going tactical crazy) and they were extremely waxy (so much so that my 22/45 didn't like them and my mag loader wouldn't feed them). I didn't notice them being dirtier or cleaner than others, but I did notice that the Federal Blue Box ran perfectly all day long and the CCIs gave me fits.

And made my fingers all sticky and weird. Definitely won't be buying any more of them.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D
I can't speak for the Blazers but I bought some CCI AR Tactical .22 rounds (yes, I know... the whole world is going tactical crazy) and they were extremely waxy (so much so that my 22/45 didn't like them and my mag loader wouldn't feed them). I didn't notice them being dirtier or cleaner than others, but I did notice that the Federal Blue Box ran perfectly all day long and the CCIs gave me fits.

And made my fingers all sticky and weird. Definitely won't be buying any more of them.
CCI was never as "waxy" in the past. New manufacturing process ?? Too bad, I'm done buying them also. I'll switch back to Federal Auto Match, which I've also used extensively--great performance and CLEAN; although about ten percent more money.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I have good luck with CCI Mini Mags, but their AR Tactical rounds not so much...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts