Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 9 1/2" single six. NO box. No papers. 1970 based on Ruger's serial number. Only problem is I don't know if it just a single-six or a convertible based on the serial number.
How do I do I figure out which category it falls into?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Give Ruger Customer Service a call at 336-949-5200, they'll be able to tell how and when it left the factory.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,427 Posts
Phownman, As you probably know, convertibles were shipped with a 22 LR cylinder and a 22 Magnum cylinder. The Single-Six Convertibles started shipping long before your gun was made so chances are good it is a convertible, however Ruger also made dedicated 22 LR and dedicated 22 Mag Single-Sixes. All the Single-Six serial numbers were lumped together so it's impossible to determine by just the serial number. About the only way to positively determine how it was shipped is to contact Ruger's customer Services and request a "Letter of Authenticity" ($10). The letter will state the model number, date shipped, and configuration (convertible, LR only, or 22 Mag only).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. The gun I am looking at doesn't come with the .22 mag cylinder. Wasn't going to buy if it sold as a convertible. Just know 9 1/2" are not very common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts