Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fair selection of handguns to carry. I have a couple of 1911s, 2 KP345s, KP944, KP95, PT745, 3AT, Security Six, SP101 and a 442. Almost all are accurate and dependable. (The jury is still out on the PT745 - it's at the factory for repairs.)

Most of my life I've been a wheel gun guy, single and double action, but have owned and shot a lot of bottom feeders over the years. My favorites to take to the range are the semi-autos. I can't really put my finger on it...I just love to shoot them.

My problem is that every time I go to grab a gun for CCW, 9 times out of 10 I grab one of the wheelguns. (If I don't think I can hide anything else, I use the Kel-Tec or carry it as a second.) What the Hell is the matter with me?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Your problem is obvious!

You sir, are an individual. You have your own likes and dislikes when it comes to that comfort zone that dictates what weapon you prefer.

Not a damned thing wrong with what YOU choose as long as you are effective and are comfortable with that choice.

Carry on! ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Can't argue with a thing the 11 banger said. I'm just the opposite, I carry an autoloader instead of a wheel gun. It's a comfort thing, I think. I like the way a 1911 feels, the speed with which it can be deployed and reloaded and I always shoot wheel guns single action. The 1911 is single action. To each his, or her, own.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
RMAN, there is nothing wrong with you-----you just need to buy some more Rugers. LOL

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
My P345PR is my primary carry with one magazine 1+8+8 ... And when clothes dictate, wifey's SP-101 in .357 Magnum is the ticket and two speed loaders 3X5... And when I feel the old "wild hair", I carry the P95DPR and two magazines 1+17+15+15...:D

It sure is nice to have Ruger "options" to carry...[8D]

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I don't have a problem since I only have one carry gun, so I don't have to choose. Soon I will have to choose between the KP97DC and the KP90DC. :) The only Revolvers I have are the .22's.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I carry whatever I am in the mood to carry, from single and double action revolvers to my autoloaders. I don't feel undergunned with any of them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I love my P90...loved my P97s, Combat Commander, Hi-Power...but the older I get, the more often I reach for my M649 or M65---I feel the nostalgia of the 70s...I'm after a Speed-Six and a .44 snub and 4"...the revolver is/has been part of me for 42 years and just doesn't take any effort to carry and shoot-the autos are a treat and Cadillac...the wheelguns are a mighty fine Chevy...now,if I knew I was going into battle...auto first with 1 or 2 revolvers for backup...I think if you gave most guys over 50 the choice of only one handgun forever...most would choose a revolver...but the 1911 might beat 'em out...it'd be fun to see...but I'm glad mo' is allowed...I want about 7 mo'.....and four of those are wheelguns...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nothing wrong there. If the confidence is there---go for it. A good wheelgun will still be taking care of business a hundred years from now and still has some advantages over a semi.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It doesn't really matter what you carry as long as you know it well. A wheel gun is highly effective, especially if you are good with it. A man who can place rounds while under pressure in a gun fight, not the one who sprays lead all over, will almost certainly be the winner in every issue of that sort. Plus you carry an auto for backup, I'd say your pretty well covered !

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Age old saying is: Shot placement is King and penetration is Queen,and everything else is Angels dancing on the head of a pin. I am a old revolver man myself as I carried one all my life and that's what I am use to.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quote:Originally posted by tkarter

I am sorta fond of a single action .45 long colt. 6 inch barrel. They just don't hide well.

tk
+1:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.