Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or is it taking you folk more time each day to check out this forum ?
The growth we've had here over the past twelve months may have something to do with it..... ;) :D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I spend waaaay too much time here. Can't help myself - I guess it's addictive. There is a LOT of activity going on and the number of people joining each day is impressive.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It is addictive - this forum had a really good mix of knowledge and courtesy.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I'm not addicted, just heavily dependent.

·
Registered
146 Posts
After watching the news everyday--especially with all the gun control talk on the news--I tend to come here for my daily dose of sanity.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
James, Maybe it's because the posts are upside down when they arrives in your Southern Hemisphere. It must be hard to read without turning each post right side up. I don't know how you Aussies do it??? I won't even start on the skills required of you to stay on the wrong side of the road when you are driving into oncoming traffic !! <G>

I find I spend a lot of time on the front page here...but don't often dig into each of the forums. Then it's over to Armslist to monitor whatever I have posted there, and sometimes to look for a new addition. Then a check on the Family group on Facebook and a couple of other sites I have an interest in. I used to go to several of the gun-sites, but have let many of them sit dormant lately as time is limited.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it's not just me.
I relieved..... ;)

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
I've actually been a bit busy in the motorcycle and ATV sales world. Now that the holidays are over things are slowing back down. I've always been more of a lurker anyway.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
James, Maybe it's because the posts are upside down when they arrives in your Southern Hemisphere. It must be hard to read without turning each post right side up. I don't know how you Aussies do it??? I won't even start on the skills required of you to stay on the wrong side of the road when you are driving into oncoming traffic !! <G>

I find I spend a lot of time on the front page here...but don't often dig into each of the forums. Then it's over to Armslist to monitor whatever I have posted there, and sometimes to look for a new addition. Then a check on the Family group on Facebook and a couple of other sites I have an interest in. I used to go to several of the gun-sites, but have let many of them sit dormant lately as time is limited.
just turn the monitor over

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
In one of my later years of teaching I had an Aussie exchange student in one of my classes...good kid ! Anyway we set up a stooge on his class by discussing the differences in "things" between the USA (Northern Hemi) and Australia (Southern)...Stuff like the spinning drain-water in sinks and tub...Corearus effect or some such name. Apparently it spins clockwise in the north and counter-clockwise in the south...or vice-versa.
Then there is the driving on the left (AUS) instead of the right (USA)...
So then we had the class convinced that the nodding of the head for a "yes" answer and the turning of the head side-to-side for a "no" answer here in the USA was reversed in AUS.. nodding meant no and turning side-to-side meant yes. It drove the kids nuts trying to figure out why the cultures that seemed so much alike would have such radical differences...
I don't recall that we ever set the group straight...but it was great fun for awhile.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mate, I try to stay on the "right" side of the road and I'm learning to stand on my head.
And yes, the water goes clockwise down the drain here..... :D

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I work a split shift, and spend my five hour "lunch break" at home. Computer on, RF on the screen. I do other things, but hit "New Posts" pretty often until I'm off for work again. Then it's one of the first things I do when I get home for the night. You guys are pretty addictive, some more than others, but I'm not naming any names.......:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts