Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just field stripped my brand new sr9c for the first time, it took me a second to realize I had to have the magazine out in order to flip the extractor and remove the slide. In the process of doing this, I pulled the trigger while the slide was locked back. I had a spare mag in at the time since I hadnt realized it needed to be out firs. My question is, can the SR series pistols be safely dry fired while the slide is locked back so long as there is an empty mag inserted or the mag safety is removed? I know there are fine to dry fire normally with a mag inserted and I dont plan on dry firing it with the slide locked, its more of a question of "is that a big no-no?" like dry firing it without a mag is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sorry tons of questions! My pistol is brand new, serial number 336-xxxxx, there is no take down hole on the back side of the striker status indicator...How do I remove the back plate then to remove the Magazine disconnect? Is it even possible on this generation SR9c?

Edit: NVM realized the new pistols have an update striker cover plate that got rid of the little spring loaded pin and instead comes out with a small punch. I managed to remove the mag safety in about 30 seconds once I realized how the cover plate came off and I took the time to remove the factory grease from the striker channel and apply some froglube. Really loving this pistol already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys, just field stripped my brand new sr9c for the first time, it took me a second to realize I had to have the magazine out in order to flip the extractor and remove the slide. In the process of doing this, I pulled the trigger while the slide was locked back. I had a spare mag in at the time since I hadnt realized it needed to be out firs. My question is, can the SR series pistols be safely dry fired while the slide is locked back so long as there is an empty mag inserted or the mag safety is removed? I know there are fine to dry fire normally with a mag inserted and I dont plan on dry firing it with the slide locked, its more of a question of "is that a big no-no?" like dry firing it without a mag is?

Thanks!
Thats why they say to read the manuel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts