Ruger Forum banner

Assuming Ruger could get them right, would you buy one?

• Of course, but I want a double-stack pistol!

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Of course, and single-stack is fine

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Perhaps, but price would be a factor

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I already own a Kel-Tec or AMT so I'm good

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Not interested

Votes: 23 44.2%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have an AMT AutoMag but sold it in a moment of weakness. Thank fully, I still have my Single-Six with the .22LR and .22WMR cylinders.

The Kel-Tec pistols are difficult to find (like many of their more interesting firearms, e.g., the RFB).

Ruger's manufacturing capacity and sitribution channels are far greater than Kel-Tec's, so supply would not be an issue.

mbogo

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I voted 'not interested' for the auto-loader...but would really love to have one in a 3" SP101!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.22WMR is available around here, probably due to the dearth of ..22LR

mbogo

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Not interested. I'll stick with my .22 lr. Autoloaders. To really be able to have fun with an auto. you need lots of ammo. That is what keeps me from getting a mini. I have a few thousand 9mm. loaded up and have been thinking about a High Point carbine.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
As long as they offer it in a 17HMR option, I'd be all over it.

Folks don't tend to stretch their 22lr pistols very far, so nobody ever realizes a need for a 22WMR - for the sizes of small game taken with rimfire pistols and at the ranges they're killed, there really just isn't much demand for a 22wmr pistol. You see that even in the low demand for 22wmr revolvers, there's just not a lot of draw for it, since the .22lr does just fine for that respective purpose.

Not kidding about a 17HMR pistol - I'd buy at least two of them if anyone could get it working. A 17HMR Taurus Tracker is one of my favorite handguns of all time, in a semiauto pistol, it'd be all the better.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm interested in the pmr30, and in the carbine version as well. If Ruger made it, all the better...
I love my SR22 pistol, and an SR22WMR would immediately be on my buy list.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,021 Posts
I voted for double stack, but would love to have a single stack just as well. I think something along the lines of a mark series derived design would be nice. I am not interested In a sr series. I think it would be a good endeavor, I would buy one for plinking, 22wmr is not hard to find in my area, not like 22lr is.;)

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nope.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have one of the original 10/22 magnums. Ruger and reliability go hand in hand but they certainly missed the mark with this one. I just ordered a new extractor and spring for it. If that makes it function reliably, then I may drop a new trigger in it. It has the worst trigger I have ever used. By far.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Yes, but not in a pistol. Bring back the 10/22 22mag. Better yet, build a Mini-22 cambered in 22WMR with a normal mag (not rotary).

·
Registered
627 Posts
Already have a PMR30 and do not care for it much. Accuracy is not that good, velocity is no better that a 10 /22 rifle, and ammo is difficult to find and expensive.
Will likely sell the gun soon and move on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
In the meantime I'll take a LCRx 3" in .22WMR.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts