Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to wear a rig like this with shorts? :D After all it was fairly warm, even in the mountains. Jeans were just too hot. If too many of you say it is wrong and I am breaking a code I will have to resort to a belt holster next time.

Jay

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Boy, I ain't tellin' noone packin' a hogleg like that how to wear his britches...but you sure are feedin' the skeeters....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Jay,

I wouldn't walk into the Longbranch Salloon dressed like that, you'd best have the cowboy boots on too.
Otherwise I see nothing wrong with it.

Personally I never wear shorts, no matter how hot it is, but that's just me. And I use a different rig too:

But hey, you're comfortable, that's what counts.

Joe

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
You'll cross the line if you add a derringer and garter belt.[:0]:)

Not a thing wrong with it. The rig is doing what it was designed to do and that is comfortably carry your sa.

Besides, didn't those brits and austrialians fight in shorts at times in WWII?

·
Registered
842 Posts
May be OK attire for you younger fellers but I don' wear shorts where I can be seen by others anymore. The only thing that looks worse than an old woman in shorts is a knobby kneed and veiny legged old man.[xx(]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Now if you add the sock garters, I'm gonna holler FOUL!!:D;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well if it works for you then it works for you. No one should ever judge another for what they wear. Ya got your hog leg on, to me that is well dressed.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If'in I was to wear shorts--my hairy chicken legs would attract so much attention and laughter
that no one would even notice the gun rig-----lol

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaredshs

If'in I was to wear shorts--my hairy chicken legs would attract so much attention and laughter
that no one would even notice the gun rig-----lol
Thats what Granny says about me. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those replies have got me rolling on the floor. I better re-examine my legs. The rig is a Bianchi that I bought for the 6 1/2" .41 mag Blackhawk that's in it. I bought both in 1981. As you can see I don't have much of a mid section nor back side to hang stuff on. I have considered new belts and holsters that aren't so wide. That belt is 3". Joe your rig is down right nice. Is that a 2" belt? I have been perusing Rob Leahy's "Simply Rugged" website and I am getting more tempted each day.

Jay

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Qwitcher braggin' 'bout havin' no belly or lardass...you're in the MINORITY here... that .41 sure looks business-like...I never understood why they didn't go hog-wild with it-beat the socks off the .38 with the 1050 fps swc lead load and the 1500fps jsp was a car-stopper-fine caliber even if you didn't load...were those factory bullets 210 gr? Do you reload for yours?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sheepdog I do reload for mine. Some favorites are the Oregon Trail 215gr SWC over either 2400 or IMR4227. My favorite JHP is Hornady's 210 XTP over 2400 for a stout load or Bluedot for a little milder load. This is by far the most accurate sixgun I own. I can put five shots in an inch at 25 yards with ten shots in an inch and a half. None of my other sixguns will do that, so this is a favorite for sure.

My son has a Marlin 1894 in .41 magnum so while he's away serving our country I get to play with that little gem too.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
shdwrdr,
I hope and pray for your sons and his buddies safe return.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts