Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P345 feels great, shoots accurately and is very reliable but refuses lead bullets. I tried different profile bullets in lead which work fine in other guns but fail to return completely to battery in this one. A rap on the rear of the slide has it coughing up lead again but it is not reliable with them. SUGGESTIONS!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
don't own a 345, but if i had that trouble i would look at everything from scratch. From empty case length to overall loaded cartridge length, the sizing die, case flareing, chamfering the case mouth, the taper crimp, etc. etc.

Might even pull out a set of calipers and start comparing the factory rds to the reloads.

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DAY

My P345 feels great, shoots accurately and is very reliable but refuses lead bullets. I tried different profile bullets in lead which work fine in other guns but fail to return completely to battery in this one. A rap on the rear of the slide has it coughing up lead again but it is not reliable with them. SUGGESTIONS!
There is probably something dimensionally out of spec on the lead bullet ammo. Cartridge overall length (Too long) may be the culprit.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
I had a problem with some old, old (25 years) reloads that used the soft, swaged Speer 200 gr LSWC bullets. They didn't feed good in my 345, 90 or 1911. I found that when I originally loaded them I didn't bell the case mouth enough. The lead and the goo they use for lube built up a lip on the shoulder of bullet just above the case mouth. That was what was causing the problems. I used some of my hard cast LSWCs, used a little more care in loading and they feed great in the 345.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by poncaguy

I'm off until 2008 kansas45............
Well poncaguy, I'm workin' tomorrow, but I think we could shoot Sunday &/or Monday. The KID'S home from the Marines & claims he can whip both of our a*%#" blindfolded! (since Natalie Frey established "The Code", we can talk like this now:D) Cool[8D]Huh[?]
Let me know & we will fill Jeff's & your 345's full of lead bullet's & fire away![^]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by poncaguy

sounds good to me kansas45..........Terry really looked great Thursday you lucky stiff.........
Sunday afternoon will be good, I think.
She is pretty for an old woman, isn't she?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts