Ruger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,788 Posts
The only shotgun I would add to the safe would be a side-by-sie, or as we Southerners say, “Double bar’l.” I have long wanted one. I hunt with an old Mossberg 600 that gets a HD short barrel the rest of the year. So it does it all, unlike my handguns or rifles.

I would love to see what Ruger could do with a vintage-style scattergun or, for that matter, lever-action rifle.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,967 Posts
Interesting. You revived an old thread from before the pandemic back when the world was normal.

If they did have plans to release a new shotgun, I reckon those may have been derailed now.

Yep, something special about both the Red Label and O/U. ...
??? the Red Label was the over / under. The gold label was the side by side.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
2,967 Posts
The only shotgun I would add to the safe would be a side-by-sie, or as we Southerners say, “Double bar’l.” I have long wanted one. I hunt with an old Mossberg 600 that gets a HD short barrel the rest of the year. So it does it all, unlike my handguns or rifles.

I would love to see what Ruger could do with a vintage-style scattergun or, for that matter, lever-action rifle.
There is no harder gun to regulate than a side-by-side shotgun (short of a SxS double rifle I suppose).

If you're dreaming of an reasonably-priced, well-built, American-made, Ruger SxS shotgun, keep dreaming. Several of those adjectives I just wrote in that sentence are mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A great AR base shotgun would be awesome.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,788 Posts
If you're dreaming of an reasonably-priced, well-built, American-made, Ruger SxS shotgun, keep dreaming. Several of those adjectives I just wrote in that sentence are mutually exclusive.
Dreaming is cheaper than buying. Maybe I will find a used one eventually, under $1K. Does not have to be a Ruger, and it does not have to be new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Red Label bought in 1996 is a s/s model in 20 ga. with 28" barrels, screw in chokes on a very nice American walnut in English style stock. Over the years it has performed flawlessly, fits me almost perfectly and after many thousands rounds of both Skeet and dove hunting it locks up just as tight as when I first got it. For me it's a keeper for sure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts