Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Looking on Ruger's website, I'm still seeing them listed. I would assume that maybe they're just backed up. My stepdad has one and it's a fine gun. A quick search on Gunbroker brought up several. If you're really in the market for one, I'd just poke around there.

I did look on ImpactGuns.com and they're listed as backordered. Maybe with the introduction of the SR1911 in .45, they're letting the old P345 die out?

Wonder if they'll do the same with the P95 since they have the SR9/9c?

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Looking on Ruger's website, I'm still seeing them listed. I would assume that maybe they're just backed up. My stepdad has one and it's a fine gun. A quick search on Gunbroker brought up several. If you're really in the market for one, I'd just poke around there.

I did look on ImpactGuns.com and they're listed as backordered. Maybe with the introduction of the SR1911 in .45, they're letting the old P345 die out?

Wonder if they'll do the same with the P95 since they have the SR9/9c?
Boy, I sure hope not. I'm still mad with Ruger for discontinuing the P-90. :mad: I'm no fan of the SR guns, having instead a strong preference for the P series.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Boy, I sure hope not. I'm still mad with Ruger for discontinuing the P-90. :mad: I'm no fan of the SR guns, having instead a strong preference for the P series.
I'm sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but what's your preference? Is there a reason you prefer the P-Series over the SR-Series? Just curious as I've never owned either, but have shot my step-dads 345 and it shoots well.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Just wondering. My LGS says their distributor said there is none to be had.
Ruger is definitely still making them. If you're unsuccessful locally, GunBroker currently has many new and used P345s available.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I'm sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but what's your preference? Is there a reason you prefer the P-Series over the SR-Series? Just curious as I've never owned either, but have shot my step-dads 345 and it shoots well.
Sorry this took me so long, Matthew...I just got back home a few minutes ago. Anyhow, I prefer the P-90 for my off-duty activities. I can conceal it completely, and it's dead-on reliable. Plus, it has a manual safety [a feature I insist that all of my semi-autos have]. Now, I know that the SR guns have manual safeties, but I've found them to be very stiff to manipulate, as well as awkwardly placed for my hands. Plus, I just find the SR guns to be...well...ugly. I also have a P345, which is every bit as good as my P-90, not to mention considerably slimmer. Of course, my wife "appropriated" the P345 as her own soon after I got it! Last, I have a P-95 9mm, which I use exclusively for monthly practice. LOVE my P series pistols.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts