Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a 9mm the size of the LCP? (or maybe with the LC380 coming out maybe there will be a LCP-9?)

·
Banned
698 Posts
Ya....... LC9
Beretta nano

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Kahr CM9 or PM9 will get you pretty close.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
The DiamondBack DB9 is what you are looking for. Mixed reviews, I've held one, never fired one.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Anyone know of a 9mm the size of the LCP?
I've never actually found on e that quite matched. But the LC9 is pretty close, about an inch in each direction. SIG Sauer P938 is slightly smaller than a LC9. The Kimber Solo is really close to the LCP, maybe 1/4 to 1/2" off in each direction. Kahr PM9 is a hair larger than the Solo, but you won't notice.

I looked at all of them and ended up with a Ruger SR40c. Yeah, not the same size at all. :)

I might add one as a pocket carry, but right now I'm leaning toward the SIG P938 or a SIG P238. For me, it's easier to shoot than the others and fits my hand well. Both the Kimber and the Kahr were just a hair too small, and the LCP was even worse. But at least none were crappy Kel-Tec models. You do get what you pay for, and the Kel-Tecs are built to b cheap.

Jeff

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Yes. The Rohrbaugh R9 is almost exactly the same size. But, with a loaded magazine and one in the pipe, it's 5.8 ounces heavier. Oh yeah, it's also a WHOLE lot pricier. :)

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Also check out the Sig 938 for 9mm or their P238 in .380. More expensive that the LC9 but a lot better quality.

The Kimber Solo is a beautiful weapon I'm really drawn towards, but I wish I could shoot one first. I've heard of Kimbers being ammo picky and jam happy.

The S&W Shield is a nice small 9mm and SA should have 9mm in the XDs line up out soon.

I've had an LC9 that I wound up giving away. I disliked it that much! I love all my other Rugers just not the LC9. So, while I'm admitting my bias, it's based on experience.

Good luck and rent when you find something that strikes your fancy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts