Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

"The Real Deal"
Yep, most of my shooting buds are Dems.
Its funny most of my gun owning friends are repubs, even a few liberals too. But regardless of who your party is, their are plenty of firearms being sold to all groups presently.

Registered
You ain't baiting me into commenting on that statement ... nope ain't going to do it ... 馃ぃ馃槣馃槤馃
Richard.........I鈥檓 not trying to bait anybody .........it鈥檚 just a fact. :p

Grand Inquisitor
Politics aside (please). I shoot with folks of all persuasions, including a far-Left woman who adores high-cap, expensive semis and ARs. BMW wagon, FWIW. No stickers. And she's a hell of a good shot. Her theory about guns? "When everything else fails, you are armed."

Yet if you see a vehicle plastered with gun stickers and MOLON LABE, yep. I figure that's the one I'd break into to steal a firearm. When no one is inside of course, as I don't care to be shot.

Just don't do it, folks. Put the stickers on the gun safe. My hulking Silverado hunting/farming truck, the only vehicle that totes a gun in season (though I might have one on my person in any of my vehicles) has only a parking sticker from my employer and a little one from my local sporting-goods store.

Nuffin' more. Be the Gray Man.

Resisted replying to this, as I'm sick of the uber-partisan politics around guns and just about everything else. Peace out, people. This too will pass.

"The Real Deal"
I鈥檇 say that鈥檚 a pretty accurate statement. (y)
My wife has a claymore on her receiver hitch like this, what kinda statement does that make?
Front towards enemy is painted yellow for high visibility.

You expect this from me though right?

Exchequer
To the OP's question: Living in a gun-friendly state, I pretty much assume that virtually everyone is packing a heater.

Spellign Bee Champ
Tanto just shared this on fb:

Registered
So do any of you look at cars and decide if there is a gun based on model of the car? I had someone talking about how they look at vehicles and decide if they have a gun or not, and how driving certain vehicles suggests to everyone that you do or don't. Is this a thing some of you do? And I'm not talking about the vehicles plastered in gun brand emblems and pro 2A stickers or conversely unicorns and "Notorious R.B.G." stickers, just based on the vehicle itself.
Anytime I see a vehicle I assume there's a 50/50 chance of a gun being present, regardless of the model or stickers that might be on there.

Registered
I prefer the sticker that says "my juvenile delinquent just beat up your honor student" ... it says there is a child at home but you had better come prepared for one helluva fight when you get there ...

Registered
My state is now a concealed-and-open carry w/o permit state. I assume anyone I see could have one. I check their belts if I think they might be "packing".

Registered
Personally I am a Vietnam Veteran and I take it for granted that there may or may not be a gun in any car regardless of the model or the stickers or what the occupants look like. Just keep in mind that you never know and don't jump to conclusions!!!

Cat Herder
Discussion Starter #38
Personally I am a Vietnam Veteran and I take it for granted that there may or may not be a gun in any car regardless of the model or the stickers or what the occupants look like. Just keep in mind that you never know and don't jump to conclusions!!!
Agreed. Let's face it, most Americans can legally buy a gun. The ones who can't still seem to be pretty good at getting them whether buy theft or deception.

Registered
So do any of you look at cars and decide if there is a gun based on model of the car? I had someone talking about how they look at vehicles and decide if they have a gun or not, and how driving certain vehicles suggests to everyone that you do or don't. Is this a thing some of you do? And I'm not talking about the vehicles plastered in gun brand emblems and pro 2A stickers or conversely unicorns and "Notorious R.B.G." stickers, just based on the vehicle itself.

I saw a Sherman tank once..It had its gun outside the cabin.

"The Real Deal"
Reactions: rmichael63
21 - 40 of 66 Posts