41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
“Is that a gun in your trunk or are you just happy to see me?”

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
No stickers on my truck and I don't leave guns in the truck. Guns are on my person at all times. I have never thought about what car goes with guns.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s never crossed my mind nor has the conversation ever come up within my circle of friends.

Now I was recently pulled over and the cop ask me if I had any weapons in my vehicle.

My response, “Do you have reason to believe I do?”........(it’s actually none of his business) that ended that conversation and it’s a story I plan on sharing since I was stereotyped.
You must be in a state where it's not required to tell the officer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shiny, clean SUV - NO.
Muddy, old SUV or Pickup - YEP
Vehicle with NRA, USCCA, "2A" or BRCC - YEP
Vehicle with U.S. military/veteran license plate - ROGER THAT!
Prius? HA!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm still laughing about that one.
It could happen .... sort of.

Bruce

·
Cat Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Bruce
I knew a guy that worked for Toyota, got tired of the hour drive each way in his Tundra so bought a Prius for his daily. Since he liked to fill his freezer with every bit of Western Kentucky meat he could hunt, I'd say from time to time he had some firearms in that thing.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,270 Posts
I drive a Subaru with a COEXIST bumper sticker to pass here in Northwest Oregon.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's defined as PROFILING and not allowed any longer by some kind of leftist new world rule of order . Stop it !
Gary
This is satire ...I'm just joking .. it's Friday !

·
Registered
358 Posts

Bruce
I read it. That's precisely the reason I'm laughing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So do any of you look at cars and decide if there is a gun based on model of the car? I had someone talking about how they look at vehicles and decide if they have a gun or not, and how driving certain vehicles suggests to everyone that you do or don't. Is this a thing some of you do? And I'm not talking about the vehicles plastered in gun brand emblems and pro 2A stickers or conversely unicorns and "Notorious R.B.G." stickers, just based on the vehicle itself.
Now that you mention it,I never realized that I did till now. I assume a pick up trucks are loaded especially the lifted ones! lol. I guess the more rugged the vehicle looks the more I assume it has a weapon in it. thats kinda weird now that i think of it

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Since I drive Subaru, suppose that means I'm undercover;)

Reactions: alayonruger

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Why the attitude?
You think that was an attitude? That was far from it, that was me laying out the ground rules.

First off the stop was a fishing expedition, I drove my neighbor, (who was drunk) to the gas station late one night so he could get more beer. I (sober) waited in the car. As I was leaving I saw a cop in the lot, as soon I passed he was on the move. Apparently he saw my neighbor doing the wobble walk and assumed we were both drunk.

So I pulled out of the lot on to the side street and headed to the stoplight. I made my left turn (signal on) and he lit me up. I pull into the bank parking lot. Here’s how the entire conversation went.

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Me: Not a clue.

Cop: You failed to use your turn signal and you have a license plate light out.

Me: I had no idea.

Cop: Where’re you come from?

Me: You know where I’m coming from, you were in the Gas Station parking lot......

Cop: Where’re you going?

Me: It’s none of your business.

Cop: Do you have any weapons in the car?

Me: Do you have reason to believe I do?

With that he gave me my license, got in his car and drove away........no ticket, no warning, nothing.

Here’s the deal, my father spent a straight 48 hours ( slept a total of 2 hours) strapped into a twin 40 in the South Pacific shooting down Japanese planes......He told me as a young man never let anyone try to trample on your rights, namely my 2nd, 4th and 5th in this situation.

The officer could have followed me and found I was not driving impaired but he was so sure he hooked the big one. It should have never happened. And yes, I’m pro law enforcement but I draw the line at dirty cops.

BTW........my lights were fine.

Reactions: rickf

·
Registered
836 Posts
No stickers on my truck and I don't leave guns in the truck. Guns are on my person at all times. I have never thought about what car goes with guns.
me too..........but when I see a truck like a F150 RAPTOR...I think "yeah, that guys got a gun in there!"

·
Cat Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
me too..........but when I see a truck like a F150 RAPTOR...I think "yeah, that guys got a gun in there!"
Funny, couple weeks ago I was sitting next to the guy with the Raptor at the range. He had a 6" AR in 223 which is so loud it's almost funny.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts