Ruger Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s never crossed my mind nor has the conversation ever come up within my circle of friends.

Now I was recently pulled over and the cop ask me if I had any weapons in my vehicle.

My response, “Do you have reason to believe I do?”........(it’s actually none of his business) that ended that conversation and it’s a story I plan on sharing since I was stereotyped.
I just answer the question...

Something like (depending on the particulars of the day)...
“Yes sir. There is a 9mm to my left in the door, a 380 under my seat in a gun safe and a 9mm in my trunk, also in a safe. There are also 2 push daggers in my visor in front of me, and a can of mace, also in the door. And several big ass knives scattered throughout.”😉

I figure it’s better to just answer the question directly rather than answer dishonestly and have to explain it later.🤔

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I figure it’s better to just answer the question directly rather than answer dishonestly and have to explain it later.🤔
I would have answered his questions if I was legally/constitutionally obligated to, but I’m not. To me it’s no different than any other stranger asking me, “Where’re you coming from, where’re you going”, etc. Add in “attempted road pirating” and you get less cooperation.

BTW, I didn’t answer his questions dishonestly, I just didn’t answer them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Colorado State trooper who got me for 65 in a 40 ($130) asked if I had a gun in the car after he printed the back fender with his hand. Virginia DMV lists concealed carriers. I was driving a late model (then) Crown Victoria old man's car and often a police cruiser. He got me on speed not the model and the Virginia alert for carrying. He was an arrogant cop and I had the incident investigated and also complained to the Governor's office to a sympathetic representative who called me at work for a favor and whose sister was just fined too. Overall, the citation cost them more than the fine. The governor's office apologized, sort of, so I would help them on that other issue. It is funny how things work sometimes. I drive a Honda Pilot and assume thieves would think this is a good target. My friend's SUV was broken into and a Sig taken. Another friend's pickup was hit in Denver and several guns stolen including two I had just sold to him.

·
Registered
951 Posts
My wife has a claymore on her receiver hitch like this, what kinda statement does that make?
Front towards enemy is painted yellow for high visibility.

You expect this from me though right?

Beats this. But more recognizable to deter tailgating

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Beats this. But more recognizable to deter tailgating

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I love that, never seen that approach, but i approve. Alot of people have no idea of what a claymore is so i fly under the radar, but those that do appreciate the symbol of it.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts