Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you could have one powder to load for .357 what would it be? im looking at stocking some up for hunting loads:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking at the load data. neither of these powders are listed as really pushing a hunting bullet much over 1k? am i missing something??

·
Administrator
23,032 Posts
H110, 2400 or Blue Dot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow! looking at hodgons site....Lil' gun and H110 really launch the 158gr. xtp! would i need to worry about the pressure? looks like Lil' gun is running faster but with lower pressures than H110....

·
Registered
3 Posts
+1 and +1+1

From your reply you sound like you have the need for speed.
Unique is my all around favorite.
But the way you ask the question I would go with
2400 +1+1 and a close second would be
110 +1.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
TiteGroup - works great for a number of handgun calibers...

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
I like 2400 and 300MP. I got 1260fps out of a -10% from top 300MP load out of a 6'' Tarus 66.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
if you could have one powder to load for .357 what would it be?
Which powder depends on what you are using it for :) . My one powder is Red Dot for all my .357/.38 loads ... but it isn't a high velocity load. I'd move up to 2400 for that if needing a bit of velocity. Never have used H110.... There just isn't 'one' great powder for all uses! Just like for hunting the big animals there is the .4x calibers and for rabbits you have .22 up to the peanut .357.... Not one fits all....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i guess i should have specified....i want one powder for loading deer/ hog hunting rounds. ive used factory stuff and its worked great on deer and on hogs as long as i stay inside 50yrds. looks like the H110 is the powder for me! ill be practicing with the rounds, of course, but i might grab some unique for just plinking around in the off season. one last thing.....does H110 require a magnum primer??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts