Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
537 Posts
That's the heat shield. Might be hard to find an exact replica if you don't make it yourself. Accuracy Systems has a vented silver colored alloy model, but it's not the same style. You could probably remove the mount from your current shield and make one yourself without much issue if you wanted to.

Pick your alloy, plus some aviation snips, and a drill bit if you dont have better tools - I haven't cut much metal other than gutters, but snips work quite well with care. Sanding and buffing would probably be required.

A modern OEM Ranch model in the ATM stock looks a lot better IMO.

· Registered
332 Posts
In the meantime, buy a plastic Choate HG, and paint it silver on outside surface only. Strongly suggest "top-coating" the silver spray paint with clear spray paint, lest the "silver" paint discolor and become dull.

Same effect at scant cost.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
get this and drill more holes.

I prefer the factory wood on mine.
You can get a factory side sling gas block for $300 if really interested too.

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Or are you making a tribute to William Matix and Michael Platt? Hmmm?
Just joking. The folding mini14 is a fine, fun gun to shoot. Personally I see the connection to a junk '80s TV show as a non sequitur, like collecting Mustang II cars that Charlie's angels drove, only worse. Watching A-team reruns with your time left on earth is like, slowly eating a baby ruth while on the can... A grown man should have a better plan. 🙄 I jest.

Seriously, assemble a rifle you enjoy shooting, and a folding mini14 can be very fun! I enjoy mine often but if i ever mutter a line from that third rate show, just put me away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts