Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not far from me. Believe I'll poke my head in, too. Thanks
Did you make it there? The friend from work had to cancel, but I went anyway (after stopping at Freddie Bear in Tinley Park to fill out the 4473 paperwork on a GunBroker auction item).

The way they set up the rifle and pistol ranges was to have frames pre-filled with clay pigeons. Every so often, they'd declare a ceasefire and swap the empty frames for full ones. A lot more practical at an outdoor range than changing paper targets.

I really enjoyed the blackpowder area (I'll plan to spend more time there next year). Now I know what I'll be buying myself as a present for when I turn 50 in a few years.

Did a comparison of the LC9s Pro to the Glock 43. Of the two, I liked the feel of the LC9s better. It certainly had a better trigger than the Glock.

Really liked the Sig P220. Looks like they are on the expensive side ($1100+ MSRP), so the SR1911 CMD in some form will be ahead of it on the buy list (possibly LW or NW).

I had a blast shooting clay pigeons with the 12-ga pumps (both a Benelli and Remington 870). Now I have to decide for the future if I stay with 20-ga (which I've owned for 30+ years) when I move from single shot to a pump.

Tried one of the new tricked-out M1A rifles with a really good Vortex scope. That was a sweet combination.

all in all, it was a good day :D

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang that sounds like a huge fun day! I'm pretty jealous.
It was a lot of fun. A US Army re-enactment group brought several vehicles (jeeps, an old ambulance, etc) and had a display of small-arms from around the world. Another group (I believe Revolutionary War era) had a small encampment in one of the wooded areas.

It is a really nice range facility, but unfortunately it is about 90 minute each way from home.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a good day (although I would prefer it to be 10deg cooler).

My table was in between Charter Arms and Ruger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts