Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm trying to switch out the standard mag release with an extended one. Super simple, but the plunger and release on my Kidd trigger group are different from stock parts. The release has two pin holes instead of one and the plunger has two pins that lock in with the release. Unfortunately, the extended release only has the hole for the release pin...any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Change the plunger. Go to Kidd Innovative Design on the web, look at accessories, they have the latch plunger for $7.50 that will work with the new release lever you have. I'm sure you can get the plunger from Ruger, Midway or Brownells as well. I just use Kidd stuff in my rifles, that's how I know they have what you need.
Good luck

·
Registered
89 Posts
All my Rugers use this plunger, I have 3. No, grinding the pins off want work, you need the shoulder on the back of the plunger for the top of the release leaver too pull back on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stuz,
I see what you have now, your going to have to buy the speed lever from Kidd. What you have is the interchangeable one they use in their full trigger assemblies. There should be an Allen screw on the front of the Kidd release, you back that screw off and slide in the new release lever into the slot. They're made to change the release lever without taking the trigger assembly out off the gun. Also their speed lever fits their trigger housing profile. Got my Kidd rifle out and looked at it, bought it with the speed lever and never really looked at it before.
Slugger

·
Registered
89 Posts
He doesn't say what trigger group he has. Mine has it in a 2 stage. I know Kidd sells it as an interchangeable release lever option, it is listed on their accessories page.

·
Registered
64 Posts
He must have a two stage then, single stages are not like that.The mag release with the interchangeable levers that he sells on the accessory page are made to fit a ruger trigger. The way they are contoured to go around the safety will keep them from working with the Kidd housing.And of course the extended release that he pictured wont work either for the same reason (and it's not compatible with the plunger on a stage 2 trigger) The long levers are an optional upgrade for Kidd trigger groups and even though they are not listed on the site as being available separately I would think one could be purchased.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks like his current release lever is two pieces. You can see some paper towel between the base and lever. Should just be able to get the kid speed lever and swap it on to the current base.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, the Kidd aftermarket mag release lever kit comes with two interchangeable levers that screw into the upper part. For detailed photos, here's the web page: KIDD Magazine Release Levers-Interchangeable System
That one wont work for him, it's made to fit an OEM trigger housing, notice how it's contoured to go around the bump where the safety is, on the Kidd trigger there is no curve but rather it's straight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts