Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The adaptation of “our” flag turns 243 today. Regardless of what political party you call home, git them flags out. Last time I checked the place in which we all live was still called the United States of America.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,531 Posts
Did not see so many flags today as in the past. We have ours out and put some smaller ones around to mark the day! *243 years old and still to me represents freedom, duty and honor...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not see so many flags today as in the past.
Rick, we have a mile and a half stretch through town with flags on 7’ poles every 50’ on both sides of the street......it’s a purdy site my friend.

ETA; This done for all holidays.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also have my flag out ,I have a light on it so it can stay up 24/ 7 until winter gets too bad.
I also have a 15' tall flag pole on my camper when we are out in the summer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Embarrassed to say that our flag was late in appearing yesterday but it did make it. Considering that I was the one to write about Flag Day last week in an email to our club members, it should have been remembered earlier. No excuses.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
So what was the official first flag? Traditionally we think of the Betsy Ross flag (another historical myth, Betsy probably really had nothing to do with it). But the official description did not designate having the stars in a circle or any other particular order.

But since the "Betsy Ross" flag seems to be the unofficial official first flag, I should get another one. The one I have is rather old and faded, should probably be retired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts