Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dick’s Sporting Goods reports $150 million in lost sales after halting assault-weapons sales.

“Dick’s Sporting Goods’ bottom line took a very big hit after halting the sale of assault-style weapons in response to the Parkland school massacre.

The policy change cost the nation’s largest sporting goods retailer about $150 million in lost sales, about 1.7 percent of annual revenue, Bloomberg News reported Friday.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dicks-sporting-goods-reports-150-million-in-lost-sales-after-halting-assault-weapons-sales

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
$150m in lost sales, or did they take 150 million $ loss for the year?

·
Bang Bang
382 Posts
Dicks doesn’t practice what they preach.

Unless something has changed, Dicks owns Field and Stream and they sell handguns and sporting arms that Dicks brand won’t sell.

I don’t march with signs or blast Dicks with boycotts, but I don’t spend money with them either.

Actually, I cleaned out their 22 Mag ammo years ago, I have $6 boxes still in my office. That’s when their politics began to sour me, and my dollars.

·
Bang Bang
382 Posts
Dicks doesn’t practice what they preach.

Unless something has changed, Dicks owns Field and Stream and they sell handguns and sporting arms that Dicks brand won’t sell.

I don’t march with signs or blast Dicks with boycotts, but I don’t spend money with them either.

Actually, I cleaned out their 22 Mag ammo years ago, I have $6 boxes still in my office. That’s when their politics began to sour me, and my dollars.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I never did do any firearms/hunting related business with them. Mostly due to the fact the nearest one was approx. 125 miles from me and I did all of my business mostly local. When I did spend $$ with them was when my daughter would advise me of something either my twin granddaughters or grandson wanted for birthday or Christmas. After their lib anti-gun decision I advised the manager in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa store why I wasn't going to spend any money with them. He tried to get me to reconsider, I advised him talk with cooperate and said goodbye.

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
Not sure it was just gun sales that brought them down. Not many people bought guns from them if the first place. The gun counter where I live was usually not even occupied by a sales rep. And when they were, the rep did not know his A** from his elbow.
The Store never had much business, just over priced boat shoes and Tee shirts etc. A lot of the other Liberal panty waist products at inflated prices.
The store next to The Dick, is Field and Stream. Man, that store is a total joke. Have no idea why they called it Field and Stream. Nothing to do with the Name, again just high priced clothing store. Not a place you would go for hunting/fishing clothing. I would imagine that most that shot that store never even heard of a Field and Stream magazine.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,321 Posts
Snowflakes and liberal tears don’t pay the bills :D

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,789 Posts
I am suspicious of the claim for a non political reason. I have many friends who favor bans on tactical rifles. All of them wanted to support Dicks, but guess what? They had the same experience I had the last time I went: bored teens running the store, with no passion for the product. My friends gave up shopping there.

When I went for some fishing gear, there was nary a soul working in the fishing or hunting sections. The cashier was on her phone.

Dicks has taken the same wrong turn that Bass Pro did when it acquired Cabelas: ever worse CS in service of the bottom line.

They can all close, for all I care. I have good locally owned options for guns and fishing, and I will pay more for knowledgeable and interested staff.

Dicks, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Field & Stream are clothing stores now with some gear. Now that Cabelas carries the inferior Bass Pro Redhead clothing, I have no reason to go there. I cancelled my Club membership. And to think that I bought my fishing kayak from them! And camping gear from Dicks. Nevermore, quoth the Raven.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
In March they said they were dropping all hunting item sales in an additional 125 stores.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I will throw a party and you're all invited when that chain goes completely out of business, like Toys R Us, Sears, and Sports Authority.

·
Premium Member
14,078 Posts
Stock price rose though............need to squeeze them some more.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
What next. They going to dump their fishing and camping gear too ? Looks like they want to be an overpriced outlet store for sport clothes and exercise machines.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,777 Posts
Stopped supporting business's that do not support the shooting world a long time ago. They will reap what they sow. Support business's that are gun friendly and let the others melt with the snowflakes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts