Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my hammer on the NMB with a Bisley style. It took awhile until the light bulb came on during the reassembly. After I got the hammer installed I realized the NMB grip frame was too short to use the hammer properly or the hammer felt too low for the grip frame.

I guess Ruger knew what they were doing after all. The only thing I am doing now is getting the frame refinished. At least I learned something about Ruger Single Actions. SRM out!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I reworked the back of my Bisley hammer I installed in my nmbh. I used the original to scribe a line, got it close with a die grinder, then hand file to finish.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I reworked the back of my Bisley hammer I installed in my nmbh. I used the original to scribe a line, got it close with a die grinder, then hand file to finish.
mad that is a sweetheart you got there for sure!!!! is that a 4 3/4 barrel , i got the 3in birdshead and want a super blackhawk hammer in it

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's a 'anniversary' model 357, 4 5/8 barrel?? The SBH hammer should be a drop in on the Birdshead. I have started looking for 'donor' pistols, I have a few ideas floating around.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What MadCrateBuilder says is true about the SBH hammer in the NMB frame. The reach is probably about the same as the Bisley hammer, if that's all you care about. Of course it just won't do if you're after a certain look.

See my ".357 afternoon" thread for a small pic of a 50th anniv. .357 w/ a SBH hammer.

-Daizee

·
Registered
374 Posts
What MadCrateBuilder says is true about the SBH hammer in the NMB frame. The reach is probably about the same as the Bisley hammer, if that's all you care about. Of course it just won't do if you're after a certain look.

See my ".357 afternoon" thread for a small pic of a 50th anniv. .357 w/ a SBH hammer.

-Daizee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts