Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This showed up today:

Now I just have to decide which gun to put it on. I have a couple of Bisley's or a Alaskan...I think I am going to have to find some overtime to pay for a couple more of these. They are simply works of art. I wish I would build something like this. I will post some pics when I get it installed.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
So true, so true!! I'm currently waiting for their rough country V-Notch rear to go onto my Alaskan in 44 mag. I originally had the .350 white outline rear and I was supposed to be able to bottom it out in the sight channel just like I wanted to do, but found that the HiViz front was NOT a direct replacement as advertised and was much higher than the Ruger blade. I ended up using the set screw to lift the rear sight assembly really high just to get onto paper. Not what I wanted in the least. So with the V-Notch I'll bottom the sight out and then see where it's a hitting. I'm planning on adjusting the wind-age and keeping the elevation left alone. I'll just adjust my sight picture to accommodate hits in the correct area. Smithy.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Yep - that's the good stuff right there. Have a V notch on my Alaskan and a V notch on my 2.6" GP100 and have one just like the one you pictured waiting to go on my Redhawk snubby project. They are a wee bit spendy but oh so nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts