Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anytime I find myself starting to complain about something, it seems that more and more often, this thought crosses my mind: I have no room to complain. It occurs to me that if you have family, food, clothing, shelter, and especially, health...you are truly rich. ANYTHING you have above and beyond those 5 things I just named is GRAVY....and friends, I think most of us can truly say, we have LOTS of gravy. Think you have problems? Go visit a nursing home. Or the Burn Unit at your local hospital. Or a homeless shelter. Or any city or town that just got hit by a natural disaster. My point, on this Thanksgiving Day: Rather than focusing on what's "wrong" in your life, or on what you don't have, be thankful for what you DO have. No matter how bad you may have it at the moment, someone, somewhere, would love to trade places with you.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Anytime I find myself starting to complain about something, it seems that more and more often, this thought crosses my mind: I have no room to complain. It occurs to me that if you have family, food, clothing, shelter, and especially, health...you are truly rich. ANYTHING you have above and beyond those 5 things I just named is GRAVY....and friends, I think most of us can truly say, we have LOTS of gravy. Think you have problems? Go visit a nursing home. Or the Burn Unit at your local hospital. Or a homeless shelter. Or any city or town that just got hit by a natural disaster. My point, on this Thanksgiving Day: Rather than focusing on what's "wrong" in your life, or on what you don't have, be thankful for what you DO have. No matter how bad you may have it at the moment, someone somewhere would love to trade places with you.
This is so true. Most of the time I dwell on trivial items and convince myself that my life stinks. Today is a good day of reflection to remember how fortunate I really am to have a life with a good solid foundation.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is so true. Most of the time I dwell on trivial items and convince myself that my life stinks. Today is a good day of reflection to remember how fortunate I really am to have a life with a good solid foundation.
Sounds like you and I have both had our eyes opened, eh? Happy Holidays.:)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
greetings all; ncleo89, i am thankful for your post as i could not have said it any better. i am so blessed that i hesitate to elaborate due to some thinking i am just boasting. God has so undeservingly bestowed His wealth on me and my family that it is overwhelming. i hope God blesses all of yall and your loved ones. Dixie is just one of mine!

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
greetings all; ncleo89, i am thankful for your post as i could not have said it any better. i am so blessed that i hesitate to elaborate due to some thinking i am just boasting. God has so undeservingly bestowed His wealth on me and my family that it is overwhelming. i hope God blesses all of yall and your loved ones. Dixie is just one of mine!
Amen indeed, southron, and thank YOU for the kind words. Hope your holidays are great.;)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Well said, NCLEO89. Anyone who fails to do likewise, today, misses the whole point of Thanksgiving. It's actually a daily thing for me, not a once a year thing, but it's good to have a day set aside as a reminder for us all.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well said, NCLEO89. Anyone who fails to do likewise, today, misses the whole point of Thanksgiving. It's actually a daily thing for me, not a once a year thing, but it's good to have a day set aside as a reminder for us all.
Thanks, NCG....God Bless.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I've thought the same lately. I was getting my shooting stuff neatly "put away for the winter". I thought how I have "only" six guns now, but that is three grand's worth. Plus all the extras? Makes me feel guilty.

How many people now have a serious need for "only" three hundred bucks? For rent, or a doctor bill that's being collected? Or food?

Let's be thankful for what we have. I hope everyone has a good meal today, with seconds of your favorite......:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very true. I think a lot of people, myself included, get so caught up in our own lives trials and tribulations we forget we are actually the lucky ones.
Darrell

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AWESOME!!
Thank you for posting this! So many just see the bad things and forget how good they have it!!

Tim
My pleasure. I've been meaning to post it for a while, and today seemed like the perfect time. God Bless.:)

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Sitting here drinking my coffee, reading this post, looked over at my wife going through the sales papers, I know I have a bunch to be thankful for! You all take care & have a great day.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sitting here drinking my coffee, reading this post, looked over at my wife going through the sales papers, I know I have a bunch to be thankful for! You all take care & have a great day.
...and you as well!

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Very true. I think a lot of people, myself included, get so caught up in our own lives trials and tribulations we forget we are actually the lucky ones.
Darrell
I feel I was lucky to be born in the United States. Everything else I worked for. If you really want to see poor people go to third world nation. Even the poorest of the poor here are better off than 90% of the worlds population.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel I was lucky to be born in the United States. Everything else I worked for. If you really want to see poor people go to third world nation. Even the poorest of the poor here are better off than 90% of the worlds population.
...and I'm betting you've seen your share of those places.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Anytime I find myself starting to complain about something, it seems that more and more often, this thought crosses my mind: I have no room to complain. It occurs to me that if you have family, food, clothing, shelter, and especially, health...you are truly rich. ANYTHING you have above and beyond those 5 things I just named is GRAVY....and friends, I think most of us can truly say, we have LOTS of gravy. Think you have problems? Go visit a nursing home. Or the Burn Unit at your local hospital. Or a homeless shelter. Or any city or town that just got hit by a natural disaster. My point, on this Thanksgiving Day: Rather than focusing on what's "wrong" in your life, or on what you don't have, be thankful for what you DO have. No matter how bad you may have it at the moment, someone, somewhere, would love to trade places with you.
well said! there are a lot of tragedies and injustices in the world, personal and global, that need resolution but if we're on this forum we are: still breathing, in our homes, on a computer, today figuring out how to pull this great holiday together with friends and family, and have the resources even if modest to indulge in this interest we share.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.